Associate Director of Client Delivery Worldwide
- Facilitate quality client outcomes in alignment with established scopes, timelines, and budgets for 5-8 active client projects managed day to day by themselves and PMs on their team.
- Execute PM-centric Project Checkpoints and facilitate the completion of cross-discipline Project Checkpoints throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Proactively monitor and report on project progress and budget performance across the pod’s active client work, ensuring projects / tasks are delivered with quality, on schedule, and on budget.
- Support project managers in aligning client expectations with agreed upon project scopes, timelines, and budgets. Facilitate internal escalations to Accounts as needed and play an active role in remediation.
- Promote client empathy across their team, inspiring solution-oriented, consultative approaches to client challenges.
- Manage resource sharing across their team to maximize delivery efficiency with support from the Resourcing Manager, including identifying training and internal project opportunities for short term availability and project gaps.
- Maintain 22 hours / week (55%) of billable work.
- Directly manage 1-2 Project Managers, supporting delivery of client work, ensuring adherence to 10up processes, and achievement of established production metrics.
- Conduct regular one on ones with direct reports with an emphasis on continuously improving project approaches and outcomes as well as each individual’s overall performance.
- In collaboration with discipline directors, proactively nurture the long-term growth and development of production personnel through proactive goal setting, coaching, and allocation of professional development funds.
- Ensure regular verbal and written feedback loops between ADCD and production personnel, celebrating successes and identifying areas of improvement.
- Oversee compilation and delivery of performance reviews in collaboration with discipline directors to ensure comprehensive feedback / evaluations. Facilitate compensation reviews and adjustments with group and discipline directors.
- Serve as the first point of internal escalation when an employee’s performance fails to align with expectations (billability, work quality, consultative value, conduct). Deliver effective verbal and written feedback to production team members. Act as an escalation point for production team members.
- Develop, deliver, and execute Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) to address and remediate continued employee performance issues. Report PIP progress to the group and discipline directors.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for policy questions. Facilitate understanding of policies, address concerns, and escalate as needed.
- Exhibit week-to-week ownership of forecasting using 10up’s forecasting tool (10,000ft). Drive proper adherence to forecasting processes as they relate to booking tentative, confirmed, internal, and overhead assignments with an emphasis on forecasting accuracy.
- Facilitate weekly timesheet reviews in coordination with project managers, emphasizing good timekeeping habits, understanding of billable vs. non-billable work, and proactive identification of estimate overruns.
- Monitor billable performance for team’s production personnel and aligning individuals with established targets.
- Support team in achieving target effective rates across projects. Proactively assess the need for discounts to address estimate overruns, production errors, and / or poor expectation management.
- Strategic understanding of 10up’s core services and ability to comprehensively leverage these disciplines to deliver superior client outcomes. A practical understanding of the WordPress platform is also required.
- Proven ability to master and facilitate adherence to existing and emerging company processes, standards, and tools.
- Enthusiasm for managing and improving team performance against established delivery metrics that support company scalability and profitability.
- Ability to form productive working relationships with the Accounts team and balance new business / client relationship interests with production realities.
- Excellent collaboration skills both with Executive level management, discipline directors, and peer associate directors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Several years (preferably 8+) of project management experience delivering full scope web projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-performing cross-functional teams -- ideally, teams of 8+ individuals.