Associate Developer Advocate US - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry, while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
In 2021, Sonatype launched its developer relations function, which has helped us differentiate with hands-on keyboards across the globe. In line with rocketing growth, the Developer Relations team is looking to add an Associate Developer Advocate to help share our products with the broader Java community. You will be able to directly shape the growth and marketing strategies that Sonatype pursues. And your work will help developers use the power of open source to build secure applications faster.
As an Associate Developer Advocate, you will serve as a key member of the global marketing team and be instrumental in building a large and vibrant developer community for Sonatype. This is an ideal role for a developer looking to make their first step into Developer Relations. You’ll learn how to build and nurture great relationships with developers online and offline, create amazing sample codes, be our developer ambassador, and guide to all things for the developer community.
What you will do
- This is a very flexible role; you'll join a growing team and craft your own key activities. Some potential responsibilities could include:
- Actively engaging with technical communities in the Java ecosystem, that are passionate about using the highest quality open source components in their applications to minimize risk, re-work, and technical debt.
- Identifying or crafting integrations and solutions to help users interact with Sonatype in different environments.
- Generating and engaging in public content within the larger technical community including expert interviews, product overviews, and educational efforts.
- Publicly share the source code on Github, blog posts, and other developer channels.
- Champion relevant Sonatype products and services to your target community at conferences, meetups, coding boot camps, online forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, and more.
- Write blog posts on technical topics of your choosing or create video tutorials
- Represent Sonatype at other virtual events and conferences
- Learn from a talented team of experienced veterans
- Change how the world uses dependencies!
What you will bring
- Ideally, a little developer experience - writing code and understanding quick and dirty scripts
- Strong written and oral communication skills and confidence in presentation skills
- Experience with engaging with other developers (through virtual events, communities, etc)
- Eagerness to build awareness of a growing product and to learn the ropes of how to do it
- A passion for the evangelism of emerging software and engineering practices.
- An ability to explain complex technical topics
- A willingness to travel (when appropriate) and work autonomously.
- Currently reside in the United States and are legally authorized to work without sponsorship
Why Join Us
- More than 10 million developers use our technology every day
- We're a team that moves quickly and intentionally to build better developer tools
- You'll work directly with engineering and the product team while reporting into the Marketing organization
- The role is flexible, so you'll be able to set your own goals and propose your own initiatives
- You'll have a direct, visible impact on the product's growth and adoption
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.