Assistant Editor San Francisco
Doximity is seeking a full-time Assistant Editor to ensure the quality and breadth of our medical content and to help manage our community of clinician content contributors. As the largest physician network in the country, Doximity is in a unique position to inform clinicians in their careers and clinical practice. As an Assistant Editor, you'll be helping to implement a 21st-century information sharing strategy for our million+ clinician members. The Editorial team powers Doximity’s news product, DocNews. We update members with the latest practice-changing medical literature as well as personalized articles at every stage of their medical career.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist editorial team in copyediting, content publishing, content curation, and other editorial initiatives for DocNews
- Source and develop compelling original content to be published on Doximity’s user-driven platform, Op-med
- Coordinate and collaborate with members of Doximity’s Fellows Program
- Identify and conduct interviews with clinician thought leaders on topics ranging from medical research and ethics to healthcare business
- Support team in comment moderation and community management
Characteristics that will help you succeed:
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills (must be able to craft a catchy headline!)
- Prior knowledge and/or experience in healthcare, digital health, health journalism, or medicine
- Self-starter, hard worker in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- You can't live without the news and are excited to share it with others. You're creative, persistent and resourceful about finding unique content and have an innate understanding of how it's shared in medical circles and social networks
HQ Benefits & Perks
Doximity offers comprehensive benefits including: medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits and much more! Check out our career page to learn more.
Doximity is the leading social network for healthcare professionals with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members. We have strong revenues, profits, real market traction, and were putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. Our founder, Jeff Tangney, is the founder & former President and COO of Epocrates (IPO in 2010), and Nate Gross is the founder of digital health accelerator RockHealth. Our investors include top venture capital firms who've invested in Box, Salesforce, Skype, SpaceX, Tesla Motors, Twitter, Tumblr, Mulesoft, and Yammer. Our beautiful offices are located in SoMa San Francisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Vacancy page : https://workat.doximity.com/positions/?gh_jid=902611