Asia- Pacific Benefits Specialist Worldwide
About the role
At Shopify, our approach to providing benefits is unique. We strive to provide benefits that represent and encourage an employee's holistic self. As we grow globally, we will align our benefit programs to Shopify’s culture and with local practices.
As an Asia -Pacific Benefits Specialist, you will be part of our People Ops Team and will help support the growth of our international business by implementing, executing and administering our benefit, retirement savings, perk and leave programs for defined countries across Asia-Pacific. This role reports to the Global Benefits Lead in Canada.
You’ll be working on the following things:
- Developing, benchmarking and implementing benefit, retirement savings, perk and leave programs that are aligned with Shopify’s global benefits strategy
- Coordinating renewals
- Leading country-specific implementations of Shopify’s benefits portal
- Interpreting, applying and maintaining knowledge of relevant regulations, employment laws and other requirements
- Evaluating our existing plans to identify opportunities for improvement
- Vendor sourcing, monitoring, and evaluation
- Managing annual reporting and compliance requirements
- Developing and monitoring key metrics to analyze program effectiveness and trends
- Administering Shopify’s benefit and perks programs
- Be the day-to-day contact for the benefits team, responding to requests from employees, HR Business Partners, HR coordinators, insurers, etc.
- Experienced in international benefit programs with a willingness to pitch in top to bottom in benefit matters
- Results-driven self-starter who is able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable working with a collaborative virtual team
- Data informed and a master at crunching numbers to help inform great decisions for the whole Shopify family (highly proficient in Excel)
- Eager to learn and teach; we are a culture or learners and want to expand the knowledge within our team
- Experienced in communicating across cultures
- Effective in building strong working relationships across multiple stakeholders and geographies
- Detail oriented
Challenge question: You’ve got experience and you live & breath benefits. Now it’s time to toot your own horn and share a proud (benefit related) moment with us! Maybe it was a particularly challenging problem that you had to tackle, or a case where you directly impacted someone’s well-being with regards to benefits. Whatever it may be, provide the context, explain your approach and toot that horn!
Here's how to apply:If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Captain Benefits.