Architect - Product United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is being built by small customer focused teams who rely on the underlying engineering platforms and architectural building blocks. We leverage best practices of building distributed systems and enable them through self-service software platforms built by platform teams.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Architect to be the key leader to drive definition, alignment and implementation of our longer term strategic roadmap. This role will work across the company to drive common understanding and future needs of the Twilio Product Architecture and ensure that technology investments enable that future.
This role requires excellent technical skill paired with business insight and an ability to influence. Reporting to the CTO, this position is critical and will help Twilio maintain its focus on customer trust through system design and guidance to ensure our services scale to meet customer expectations.
Twilio is looking for a technical leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading cross functional technical initiatives. They also have:
- Extensive experience in architecting distributed systems and developing enterprise level technology roadmaps
- Experience in running a 24x7 high-availability operation with proven success building out processes at Internet-scale
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- High-growth technology company experience
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner
- Passion for technology and communications, well-versed on the latest trends
- Machine learning experience is a plus.
- Travel required as needed
As an Architect, you will:
- DRAW THE OWL: You will define, plan, and execute on a Twilio Product Architecture. You will lead and guide teams in determining the appropriate technologies, structuring of data, and workflows in support of high scale distributed systems.
- DON’T SETTLE: You will partner with other Architects and stakeholders to ensure all technology solutions align with product, security, and your long term vision and roadmap. You will define, evolve and implement Twilio Architectural Principles
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You must be a strong team leader. You enjoy mentoring and collaboration across engineering and product teams.
- BE AN OWNER: Ensure the successful delivery of projects from vision, through execution, and reliable, dependable, scalable, operations.
Trust is the number one priority at Twilio. Architects at Twilio set the standard for engineering excellence across the entire company. They work on our hardest problems to build high quality systems aligned to our business needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$177,024 - $243,408
Rest of Colorado:
$165,960 - $228,195
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2548208