Application Security Engineer Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion we have the opportunity to grow our Cloud Security team.
We're a part of the Elastic Cloud team with a focus on finding security flaws in complex distributed systems and coming up with creative and approachable solutions that enable developers to ship secure code.
We’re looking for people who are just as passionate about uncovering an obscure security vulnerability as they are about educating developers on how to fix it. Would you like to focus on building and maintaining an Application Security program that will be used as the benchmark for our industry?
What you will be doing:
- Take ownership for the offensive security program for Elastic Cloud.
- Work with security researchers and developers to resolve security issues in our stack.
- Vulnerability research and proof of concept exploit code development.
- Demonstrate and promote security development practices.
What you bring along:
- A history of uncovering, exploiting, and remediating application or system security flaws.
- A deep understanding of coding and scripting languages such as Java and Python and can easily switch between a variety of languages quickly.
- Knowledge of and experience with manipulating protocols and libraries in order to compromise the security of a set of systems or code.
- Previous experience working on a large code base
- You have hands on experience in both using and securing Linux based systems and containers.
- You've worked on open source projects before and are familiar with different styles of source control workflow and continuous integration.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1276018