Application Engineer, Payments United States
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for an experienced application engineer to work on features and tooling in support of processing payments. You’ll work with our team of engineers, designers, and product managers to reduce friction in the process of paying for GitHub whether that be for a personal account or a large GitHub On Premise instance.
- Reading, writing, and reviewing application code
- Collaborating with Product teams to define and implement new features
- Integrating with various third party services
- Documenting the systems you help build
- Coordinating with engineering leadership to define and prioritize engineering projects
- Working with support to triage and debug support requests
- At least 3 years experience developing web applications (preferably with Ruby on Rails)
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful API design
- A background in refactoring large-scale systems
- Knowledge of billing processes and technologies is a plus
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong communication skills
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 24 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1301861