APM - Senior .NET Agent Engineer Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Innovation at Elastic never stops and we are excited to have just released Elastic APM in GA. The APM product is rapidly evolving and we're looking for a talented, Senior .NET Engineer to start our .NET Agent development.
As a .NET Agent Engineer on the APM team, you will be part of a team developing a high quality, open source APM product aimed to help fellow .NET developers instrument, debug, and monitor .NET applications. Being the first .NET agent engineer, you’ll be deeply involved in defining the strategy for the agent, roadmap planning and take responsibilities for the initial development. The agent will be open source and engaging with the open source community is part of this role responsibilities.
You will also collaborate closely with the APM Server team when adding new features to the server API and with the UI team to ensure that we deliver the best possible experience for .NET developers.
What you will be doing
- Start the .NET APM Agent team.
- Collaborate on the design and start developing the .NET agent for Elastic APM
- The agent is open-source, so the job includes handling community pull requests, issues, etc
- Collaborate with APM Server and UI teams to ensure the best experience possible for .NET developers
What you will bring along
- 5+ years of professional and in-depth experience with .NET, possessing broad knowledge of .NET ecosystem.
- Previous experience developing APM products or optimization related code. Ie.
- You have worked developing an APM product
- You have developed or contributed to a performance improvement oriented .NET library or tooling
- Deep knowledge and Experience with performance and tracing tools and APIs: CLR, Windows Profiler API, Windbg, Fusion Log, ProcMon, ETW, etc.
- You know and care about writing performant .NET and have traced performance issues yourself.
- Ability to work independently in a globally distributed team
- Familiar with the different .NET runtimes (.NET, .NET Core, Mono, Unity, Xamarin)
- Familiar with the different ASP.NET hosting options
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Option to work 100% remote or from any office
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Target Locations: Toronto, Canada; Vancouver, Canada; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Minneapolis, MN; Nashville, TN; New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; Raleigh, NC; Richmond, VA; Sacramento, CA; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Seattle, WA; Copenhagen, Denmark; Nice, France; Paris, France; Lisbon, Portugal; Dublin, Ireland; Berlin, Germany; Dusseldorf, Germany; Frankfurt, Germany; Hamburg, Germany; Warsaw, Poland; Krakow, Poland; Munich, Germany; Tel Aviv, Israel; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Oslo, Norway; Barcelona, Spain; Madrid, Spain; Stockholm, Sweden; Zurich, Switzerland; Edinburgh, United Kingdom; Glasgow, United Kingdom; London, United Kingdom; Manchester, United Kingdom; Washington, DC; Bremen, Germany; Nuremberg, Germany; Belfast, United Kingdom; Detroit, MI; Pittsburgh, PA; Louisville, KY; Charleston, SC; Indianapolis, IN; Cleveland, OH; Eindhoven, NL; Utrecht, NL;
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1252165