APAC BIOVIA PreSales Manager Sales & Marketing Remote, China
Dassault Systèmes Life Sciences engagement team: empowering people and energizing passion to change the world and create the future.
Imagine new horizons...
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 200,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. Our Life Sciences sales and marketing teams bring together all of Dassault Systèmes life science capabilities in one go-to-market organization, providing our clients with life science domain focus and expertise to accelerate their business. We are leading the transformation in life sciences as we have done in other industries such as aerospace and automotive. Unique in the industry, we provide our clients with an integrated business and scientific platform from early discovery and preclinical development, through clinical trials, all the way to manufacturing and commercialization. Discover the future of life sciences: ifwe.3ds.com/life-sciences.
We know that diverse teams win, and we are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. Dassault Systèmes Life Sciences has global operations and employees in the US, Europe and Asia.
The Solution Consulting team at BIOVIA serves as a primary point of contact to drive the successful introduction, adoption and broad usage of BIOVIA’s products within the customer and prospect base. Activities of the team include product demos, scientific and technical qualification, identification of customer critical business issues, definition of appropriate business and technical solutions, technology evangelizing, and business consulting.
The Manager, Solution Consulting will manage, develop, and lead a team of high performing Solution Consultants to ensure the sales and effective delivery of the BIOVIA products and services. This individual will provide coaching and guidance in product knowledge, sales strategy, relationship building, and preparation and delivery of presentations. He/she will provide leadership for the Solution Consulting function across the Sales organization, and integrate strategic direction into the pre-sales program activities and goals.
Manage a team of Solution Consultants who represent the company, position and defend the value of our offering, handle both the scientific and technical dimensions of the sales process, and support strategic account management.
- Meet regularly with the other Solution Consulting Managers to strategize and develop initiatives that will enhance the effectiveness of the Solution Consulting team.
- Assure scientific and technical competency and presentation/demo skill sets of the team.
- Mentor, coach and develop the team; provide performance management, salary planning and technical training.
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve regional quota targets and company goals and foster strong sales and solution consultant relationships.
- Develop repeatable, scalable processes to add capacity and bandwidth to the demo and trial process.
- Develop strong working relationships across internal functions (sales, professional services, alliances, customer success, operations, product, marketing, etc.).
- Contribute to product development by providing insight and feedback relative to customers’ critical business issues and solutions opportunities.
- Management experience in a customer-focused presales organization, or equivalent leadership experience in team development
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding customer requirements and proposing solutions
- Extensive knowledge of existing landscape of Life Science technologies, applications and service providers
- Minimum of 3 years of presentation and consulting sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical, scientific and technical skills
- Exposure to formal sales methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Passion for learning
Your Education & Experience:
Master's degree or equivalent in the Life Sciences or Computer Science preferred
Minimum of 5 years of experience in the life sciences industry and/or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred.
Experience in presales or solution engineering preferred
Experience in selling enterprise software following a structured, value-based sales process
Fluency in English is essential
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/medidata-solutions/job/oZSigfw9