Android Software Engineer, Voice (L2) United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Voice Android SDK Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build and deliver Voice functionality to our customers through the Android SDK. Programmable Voice is one of Twilio’s foundational channels which empowers our customers and internal product team to build delightful solutions. The features you deliver will be used by thousands of customers at scale, often as their business’ lifeline. Use cases range from contact centers to healthcare services, from warehouse staff to client advisors.
In this role, you’ll:
- Use your skills and creativity to solve problems and build functionality into Twilio’s Android SDK
- Drive the design, development and shipping of significant new features with predictable velocity
- Work closely with a talented team of cross-functional engineers, designers and product managers.
- Continuously adapt to the evolving Android ecosystem to maximize engineering efficiency
- CI/CD pipeline
- Android upgrade compatibility
- Enhance automated tests
- Own Twilio’s customer’s developer experience
- Monitor and triage customer issues and Git repo issues
- Enhance Twilio Voice reference apps
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Android professional with experience in writing production level mobile applications and customer facing SDKs
- Fluent in Java or Kotlin
- Knowledgeable of the Android development ecosystem, frameworks, 3rd party libraries
- Experience in the full mobile development cycle
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience with build toolkits - e.g. Maven, Gradle
- Champion of automated build and test pipelines and test-driven development
- Maintained high level of code coverage
- Experience with Firebase Test Lab (Desired)
- Strong written communication: proven track record of delivering customer facing documentation
- Knowledgeable about C++, React Native
- Experience with CI/CD - e.g. CircleCI, TravisCI
- Experience with Java Native Interface (JNI) and Android NDK
- Knowledgable or interested in WebRTC or comparable media engine
- Experience building production quality mobile apps (via Android app store) or libraries from scratch
This role will be Remote US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $96,424.00- $120,530.00.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3900498