Analyst United States
Company: Bad Rabbit
Bad Rabbit, Inc. is made up of a growing team of experienced professionals who work together to identify, understand, and develop solutions to our clients’ software needs. We work within the medical research sector, and help to maintain and develop tools to assist research institutions in managing their administration, compliance, research finance, and regulation needs. Some of our clients include The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Arizona State University, Penn State, and Dartmouth College.
- Startup culture, without startup stress.Bad Rabbit is a 10-year old, profitable business but we are still a small and growing company. This means you can experience the excitement of being in a fast-growing company, and have plenty of opportunities to grow with us without the crazy hours or instability of a “normal” startup.
- Great team. team. Our team is predominately located in the greater NYC, Philadelphia, and Portland, Oregon areas and individuals work from home offices, though this position does require travel up to 25% of the time. As we are small, we can be very selective about the types of people we hire. That means you’re going to get to work with some really smart, passionate, and friendly individuals. You won’t find a dramatic or competitive work environment here; we’ve set up Bad Rabbit to be a non-political, efficient place
where you can expect to be valued and respected for your work ethic and teamwork, no matter which piece of the puzzle you’re working on.
- Unique culture. We strive to be fair, transparent, and flat, meaning you won’t wonder what the “higher ups” are discussing behind closed doors. At Bad Rabbit, everyone is treated equally and as key members of the team. We have a unique revenue sharing scheme which rewards everyone’s hard-work and encourages contribution to our future growth.
- Amazing work environment. We think if you work hard, you should receive a great salary and generous benefits. We have full health coverage for you, your spouse, and dependents; a great 401K; bonus potential and loads more! We’ll even set you up with a shiny new computer of your choice and a big monitor to go with it. Who doesn’t love that new computer smell?
You are a self-starter and disciplined. Curious and tenacious when it comes to learning and problem solving. A team player also capable of working independently, who can keep an open mind and work with many personality types. You like variety and can multi-task effectively. You are a key member of our team who takes ownership and pride in achieving results and success for our clients.
- At least 5-years’ experience gathering, analyzing, and structuring requirements
- At least 3-years’ experience working on projects utilizing a structured software development process: backlog grooming, User Story development, prioritization, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, and other iterative activities
- Experience in Research Administration (understand the domain, workflows, and terminology)
- Ability to effectively interact with senior IT and business resources in order to gain an accurate understanding of how we can successfully solve problems for the customer based on their unique needs
- Experience creating visual artifacts such as story mapping, form mockups, and flow diagrams to help explain complex workflows and process
- Experience in interviewing stakeholders and synthesizing their feedback to uncover patterns and themes
- Ability to develop and document requirements, and to validate deliverables with the client product owners
- High degree of self-organization and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated technical proficiency
High degree of self-organization and excellent communication skills
- Operating enterprise software
- Using browsers and web-based data input and workflow systems
- Operating/facilitating online meetings (Go To Meeting, WebX, Zoom, etc.)
- Strong documentation/presentation skills – translating requirements into diagrams and specifications that are easily understood by technical staff as well as business units
- Capability to translate what business/functional users want/need into stories that developers can understand and act on
- Comfortable leading group sessions – in person and online
- Ability to keep meetings on track
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Good technical writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to translate information from senior clinical stakeholders all the way to front-line managers
- Ability to adapt to new challenges on a regular basis, and to learn quickly
- Organizational skills
- Ability to keep track and recall important pieces of information in a fast-moving environment
- Comfortable leading group sessions – in person and online
- Previous Business Analyst experience, working directly with end users, documenting system requirements, and generating development specifications.
- Consulting background
- Previous Huron Portal® experience
- Agile certification is a plus
What You’ll Do
- Manage all parties involved in the development effort in order to facilitate a shared understanding of requirements
- Conduct stakeholder and product owner interviews and requirements workshops to illicit and test new requirements and validate existing requirements
- Develop and refine user stories through effective requirement gathering, understanding, and clarifying with just enough supporting documentation
- Specify a variety of requirements from business to detailed software requirements that take various forms, such as stakeholder needs, expected system behavior, wireframe mockups, and process workflows
- Work with the product owner(s) to prioritize and define appropriate business value metrics for the backlog
- Identify user story dependencies
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications of applications in development to see how they can be developed into testable elements, draft acceptance criteria
- Support communication between development and product owners
- Periodic travel up to 25% of the time, depending on the needs of the client engagement and stage of the assigned project(s)
Flexibility & Remote Work
At Bad Rabbit, we pride ourselves on being a forward-thinking employer. Most of our team members work from home and set their own hours. However, this position is client facing so it is expected that the Analyst will need to keep more regular business hours. Outside of travel time, it is acceptable for employees to work remotely and set their own schedules.
For this position, working remotely is completely acceptable, but it is mandatory that candidates are based within commuting distance to greater NYC, Philadelphia, or Portland, Oregon as for the first few months it will be important to come into the office for training.
Benefits & Compensation
For a full list of benefits check out our Careers page, but at a glance:
- Competitive compensation (above industry average)
- Comprehensive benefits (Health & 401K)
- Profit sharing scheme
- Ability to work remotely or on site
Make sure you clearly fit the descriptions above (see About You).
You must be authorized to work in the United States and physically able to work in either the Greater New York City area, Philadelphia, or Portland, Oregon. (Some flexibility for the right candidate.)
- Email us at email@example.com
- 2) Include your resume or Linked In
- 3) Tell us why we are a great fit for each other
- 4) Keep in mind we want to know who you are as a person; it never hurts to tell us about your hobbies, or more about who you are. For example, we’re dog people, and we appreciate a good sense of humor.
Our Hiring Process
Resume and cover letter review — be sure to cover the requested topics listed above in your cover letter for the most efficient response time.
- 30 minute phone screen
- Two one-hour phone interviews
- A one-hour call where we discuss our day-to-day, talk salary, logistics, and fit
- A final in-person interview
Please note: Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. Please read the above information closely for cover letter requirements.
Vacancy page : https://careers.badrabbit.com/careers/analyst/