AI/ML Software Engineer Americas, EMEA
AI/ML Software Engineer: Location Work from Home: North America or Western Europe
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organizations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
The Canonical Distribution of Kubernetes is a pure upstream Kubernetes offering on Ubuntu. It runs anywhere Ubuntu runs, from a developer laptop, to a rack of bare metal servers, to all of the major public clouds. As an AI/ML Software Engineer on the Kubernetes team, you'll be a member of a distributed development team, and leading the development of our AI/ML offering on Kubernetes. The successful candidate will be a strong individual contributor, a self-starter with strong AI/ML, Python, and Kubernetes skills, and enjoy periodic global travel. If that describes you, let's talk!
As an AI/ML Software Engineer you will be:
- Defining and implementing our Kubernetes-based AI/ML platform
- Python programming, debugging, and testing
- Writing and maintaining automated tests
- Participating in code reviews
- Participating in team meetings
- Interacting with and assisting users on IRC and Slack
- Travelling periodically for team sprints, conferences, and/or field support engagements
- Assisting with CI and release management tasks
- Writing documentation
The successful AI/ML Software Engineer will have:
- University education, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Involvement in open source projects in the past
- Understanding of how to be part of a distributed team
- Quarterly travel for a week at a time is expected.
- 2-5 years of current Python programming experience
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Strong Linux experience
- Strong AI/ML background
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Flexible working option
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/1298812