Accounts Receivable Manager San Francisco, CA (HQ)
GitHub is looking for a full-time Accounts Receivable (AR) Manager to join our accounting team in San Francisco. This person will be responsible for the accounts receivable balance and collection of outstanding balances; billing operations; resolving customer disputes; collaborating internally with our Sales, Sales Operations, and Revenue teams; and increasing the efficiency of our collections process.
We are looking for an individual with high attention to detail, demonstrates empathy for our customers, and enjoys working with internal cross-functional teams. You are motivated and ready to perform in a fast-paced, growing environment with a high level of efficiency and accuracy, and minimal daily oversight.
- Supervise GitHub’s accounts receivable balance, including billing, cash applications, and collection efforts
- Manage customer communication, including timely follow-up and resolution of customer inquiries and disputes
- Process invoices according to contractual terms and following appropriate procedures to ensure billing accuracy
- Manage customer-specific web portals, vendor forms, and other billing requests from our customers
- Assist in the forecast of cash collections and regularly report on actual collections
- Complete month-end close responsibilities accurately and on time
- Assist in maintaining and improving GitHub’s order to cash process
- Assist with or manage special projects, process improvements, and control documentation, as needed
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a high volume and SaaS / Software environment
- General knowledge of GAAP revenue recognition
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Experience with NetSuite, Zuora, and/or Salesforce
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (pivot tables & vlookups)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1912290