Accounts Payable Wrangler Worldwide
Accounts Payable Wrangler
We are seeking an experienced accounts payable specialist to join the team! You will be an integral part of the Accounts Payable Squad processing vendor invoices through our AP systems (Tipalti and NetSuite). This includes ensuring invoices are accurately coded according to our accounting policies to the correct subsidiary, department, and expense account. Accuracy is key. You will participate in onboarding new vendors into the AP system which will often involve liaising directly with our vendors. You will review and process employee expense reports in line with our travel and expense policy. You will also assist with other miscellaneous departmental duties as needed. This is the ideal role for someone who loves the details; is a quick learner; has an upbeat, sharp mental focus; and has energy to spare.
On Automattic’s accounting team, we spend every single day helping our company and our investors make better decisions. We design and implement accounting policies and systems for a SaaS business with millions of subscribers in over 200 countries. We work with auditors in the U.S. and other countries around the world. We report our results, at a public-company standard, internally and to sophisticated institutional investors. We meet tax and other statutory obligations globally. We wrangle payroll. We do a lot of special projects.
We’re a distributed company, so like all positions at Automattic, you can be based wherever you live.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a related accounts payable role.
- You have AP systems experience with data entry as a focus. Bonus points for experience with Tipalti.
- You have experience using NetSuite (or similar accounting software) and Expensify.
- Experience processing invoices from vendors based all over the world.
- Experience reviewing and approving expense reports.
- You are passionate about details and accuracy.
- You have very strong, professional communication skills and are comfortable with asynchronous communication.
- You have outstanding verbal and written skills in English. You strive to communicate as much as possible.
- You are comfortable with uncertainty and not afraid to ask questions.
- You are a team-oriented professional with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mindset, who promotes a collaborative team effort and celebrates team successes.
- You are comfortable operating independently.
- You love a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1100 Automatticians in 65+ countries speaking 75+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
To increase your chances of standing out, please address one or all of following in your application:
- Tell us about your favorite accounts payable related project you’ve been involved in, or a moment when you felt most energized at work.
- A Revenue Accountant, Finance Analyst, and Sales Executive form a rock band, what is the name of your band and your first cover song?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.