Accounts Payable Specialist Distributed, AMER
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Accounting team is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist who will be an integral part of professionalizing our global AP processes. This role is distributed in the USA or Canada, so you must be comfortable working from home, an unaffiliated coworking space, or an Elastic workplace (if you live by one).
What You Will Be Doing:
You will focus on AP in the Americas and partner with two international teammates as it relates to global AP.
You will collaborate with various teammates including GL Accounting, AR, tax, treasury, FP&A, internal audit, operations, and outside partners.
In addition, you will:
- Receive, code, enter, and process invoices
- Work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements
- Analyze and authorize expense reports
- Participate in the automation and integration of payments into our bank
- Prepare weekly cash payment forecasts
- Build vendor relationships
- Create ad hoc reporting needs for various company stakeholders
- And more!
What You Bring Along:
An eye for detail when it comes to accuracy within our systems and an ability to track timing to ensure we're supporting our partners fairly and reimbursing employees quickly.
You have experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment and you are no stranger to building and optimizing the processes necessary to keep us growing without stumbling. In fact, you're excited to share some of the meaningful improvements you've made in past situations with us!
If that's you, hopefully you also have:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of professional AP experience
- Experience with Netsuite and Concur preferred
- Domestic and international invoice processing experience + knowledge of foreign exchange rates
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Dedicated problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a distributed, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1557721