Accounting Manager Remote Canada /
Over 80,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The finance team strives to be a partner to the business and takes pride in being responsive, collaborative, and the “fixers” of complex problems.
As an Accounting Manager at 1Password, you will be a key member of our growing Finance/Accounting team. This is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented, eager accounting professional to have a significant impact in a fast-growing organization. You will be utilizing your problem-solving skills and making recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting department. This role is perfect for someone who is a self-starter and looking to build their career, while leveling up the business.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada.
What we're looking for:
- Someone with 5+ years of experience in finance with a CPA designation, public accounting experience considered an asset.
- A strong knowledge of technical accounting concepts in accordance with US GAAP or IFRS.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and experience managing a team of accounting professionals to complete projects on schedule
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities while being flexible and resilient.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision while adhering to necessary deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, accuracy, and process improvement skills.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments.
- Experience with intercompany transactions and a multicurrency corporation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate team management skills in a growing team.
- Advanced expertise with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, experience with NetSuite is considered an asset.
- Experience in the tech industry is considered an asset.
What you can expect:
- Get to know various members of the Finance team and their involvement in each of the financial processes.
- Understand the cash, fixed asset, vendor accrual, and foreign exchange processes and begin creating system solutions and processes.
- Perform and manage full cycle month-end close process including preparing and reviewing journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations.
- Produce clear, well-structured documentation that supports reporting needs and audit processes.
- Mentor, coach, train, and retain a team of accounting professionals
- Create and update documentation around process workflows.
- Oversee the accounts payable process, analyzing complex transactions, and assisting the payable team.
- Review tasks prepared by senior and intermediate accountants.
- Assist in preparing timely and accurate monthly financial statements/reporting for the organization.
- Assist in the creation of the financial statements, related notes, and backup schedules.
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.