Account Manager United States
Who is Litmus?
We’re a tight-knit team that helps the world send better marketing and transactional emails. Over the last 10+ years, we’ve built a reputation as one of the most trusted brands and thought leaders in the industry.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
We work alongside some of the smartest people in our industry, while serving the most creative and supportive customers around. Litmus is used by major global brands, including 9 of the top 10 technology companies, 9 of the top 10 U.S. banks, 10 of the top 10 retailers, 9 of the top 10 e-commerce brands, and 80% of the Fortune 100.
What would I do at Litmus?
We are looking for an account manager with experience selling into marketing and advertising departments to join our growing Customer Development team as we move deeper into the enterprise market. In this role, you will build relationships within our customers to become a trusted advisor, to oversee their adoption of the Litmus platform, and to promote best practices to continually drive incremental value and return on their investment. Through these relationships and direct work with our customers you will be responsible for renewing customers and upselling to hit our quarterly and annual targets. This role is equal parts advisor, consultant, and account manager. This is a terrific opportunity to accelerate your career with a high growth software company with untapped potential.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with our customers to help them achieve their broader marketing and email goals
- Build relationships with key decision makers, and connect our customers’ business needs and goals with Litmus core product and services, in order to identify and develop new revenue opportunities
- Team with the Account Executives to farm our installed base and find additional upsell opportunities across our enterprise customers in order to drive incremental value and return on their investment
- Go onsite with key customers to demonstrate new products and features and conduct quarterly/semi annual check-in meetings
- Acquire and maintain a strong knowledge of the Litmus solution and competitive solutions in order to develop proposals and solutions to drive incremental value for the customer base
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity, forecast and opportunity information in salesforce.com
- Exceed monthly, quarterly and annual renewal and upsell targets and objectives
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- BS/BA required
- You have 2-5 years in an account management role in a B2B SaaS company where you were responsible for managing customer relationships, renewals and upsells
- You have experience selling into agencies and/or marketing departments of major brands, retailers and technology companies is required.
- You have a strong working knowledge of the email creative process and where Litmus fits into the marketing technology stack
- You have impeccable customer skills and a strong sense of empathy and integrity
- You have experience in the early days of a successful software or SaaS sales organization as it grew would be ideal
- You follow a disciplined sales process, are organized and analytical and are able to identify and eliminate sales and product obstacles creatively and quickly
- You work well with others and have a strong emotional IQ. You know how to influence people who do not work for you, and know when to push and not push
- You are an entrepreneur and are excited by the prospect of building a patch of business and hitting quarterly and annual targets
- You don’t like to be micro-managed and are self-motivated. We hire smart, driven, and motivated people who can do their job with limited guidance. We work well as a team and communicate often but are moving too fast to micro-manage you
- You have demonstrated a track record of success, professionally and personally. You are competitive and are a leader. Having set and met or exceeded goals is required
- You must be customer focused and highly responsive
- You have experience using a CRM system to facilitate pipeline and forecasting
Why should I choose Litmus?
- We offer everything you’d expect from a profitable company that’s been going strong for 10+ years, including a great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- You receive 28 days of paid vacation—on top of team retreats and public holidays.
- Remote-friendly culture. No matter where you are, you'll feel connected to the team. Over half of our employees work remotely and your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining, and engaging wherever you work from.
- We take family seriously, with flexible schedules and generous maternity and paternity policies.
- We give you the best tools and tech money can buy. Top-of-the-line hardware, software, office setups, and whatever else you need to do your best work.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 700,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team