VP, Brand Marketing (Remote) Worldwide
We are a diverse and fully-distributed team from around the world, working toward our shared vision to raise the standard of trust online.
Join our company as a remote VP, Brand Marketing and grow DuckDuckGo into one of the world's largest and most trusted consumer brands. You'll help us create breakthrough marketing campaigns, define and elevate our brand, optimize delivery and spend, and introduce hundreds of millions of people to DuckDuckGo - helping us to become a household name.
We are fully-remote and empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their projects. If you'd thrive in that environment, and our core values resonate with you -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction -- you'll fit right in!
What you will do:
- Define the brand positioning, messaging, story, voice and visual language that we use in our marketing and products.
- Develop truly original, breakthrough marketing campaigns.
- Elevate the company's creativity and imagination.
- Advise and review the presentation of our brand in all significant marketing and product creative. Ensure brand consistency across marketing and products.
- Own the company's core brand metrics. Prove that spend drives measurable and profitable growth, and be as granular as possible (e.g. per-channel and per-campaign). Help us justify aggressive investment in brand advertising.
- Grow our brand marketing capacity through hiring and internal mentorship.
- Build a roster of creative agencies to maximize creative quality and throughput.
- Carry ideas forward with strong discretion and little direction.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and lead major inter-disciplinary projects.
- Increase understanding of our brand's role across the organization.
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of brand leadership experience at significant global consumer brands.
- Proven success in brand definition (positioning, messaging, voice and visual language) with examples from multiple brands, products and/or services.
- Proven success developing breakthrough marketing campaigns with examples.
- Broad creative skills with experience overseeing brand-related design, copywriting and product changes.
- Strong aesthetic sensibility, attention to detail, and consumer empathy and intuition.
- Excellent written communication.
- Openness to evidence and intuition from wide-ranging sources, quantitative and qualitative.
- Strength in navigating ambiguity, competing priorities and internal disagreement.
- Ability to set a compelling vision and rally people behind it.
- Outstanding talent to lead and advise cross-functional teams and complex projects in a remote work environment.
Other things to know:
- While we leverage specific job titles for hiring purposes, we do not use them internally. Instead, we follow our own professional levels, with expectations for each level clearly defined across several dimensions.
- We are a small, remote team distributed across time zones, and we rely on a variety of communication tools throughout the day
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days).
- We believe in a focused approach to collaboration, where individual team members work on a single top priority at a time, each supporting larger, company-wide objectives. This philosophy serves to impact our vision to raise the standard of trust online.
- Our work philosophy centers on empowered project management. All team members have opportunities to run projects.
- Transparency supports individual and team success at DuckDuckGo. We encourage everyone to participate in areas of interest throughout the company. Anyone and everyone can (and should) ask questions and offer feedback about our products and internal projects.
- We aim to exemplify our values (build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction) in everything we do.
- While this is a full-time job, we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expecting an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
- We support professional development of our team members through career advisory and a learning stipend, reinforcing our culture of growth and skill-building.
DuckDuckGo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you. Use the application to apply!