UX Designer, Fundraising (Contract) United States
Company: Wikimedia Foundation
The goal of the online fundraising department is to educate readers about our mission, motivate them to become donors, and then get out of their way. The UX Designer will play a critical role in building and testing new banner ideas while always taking web accessibility standards into account. In this role, you will mockup and design fundraising banners that will be seen on Wikipedia by millions of readers around the world. Using HTML, CSS & JS, the UX Designer will code banner entries for deployment through our custom A/B testing system.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Prototype and employ production ready HTML, CSS and JS to create and modify banners and other parts of the donor flow: donation landing pages, Thank You pages & Share options, etc.
- Use graphic design software to create mockups and content for banners, reports, etc.
- Contribute actionable ideas for improvements to banner UI/UX while considering web accessibility standards
- QA, deploy, and monitor banner tests through our A/B testing platform
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Advanced knowledge in prototyping ideas and creating production ready code with HTML5, CSS3, JS (jQuery)
- A track record for crafting effective and compelling user experiences for desktop or mobile
- Good knowledge of web accessibility standards and how to apply them in your designs
- Ability to visually express your ideas with graphic design software (e.g. Bohemian Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite). Optional: experience in illustration and icon design
- Exceptional communication skills and proficiency with maintaining an excellent work ethic in a remote, self-guided and collaborative environment
- A willingness to learn new techniques and strategies (both technical and social) to increase quality and efficiency of work
We'd love to hear more about you! Please submit a cover letter detailing a brief summary of your background and why you want to work at the WMF. Also, please include your portfolio and examples of your code.
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/1372026