User Policy Specialist Remote- US West, Remote- EU, Remote- APAC
The GitHub User Policy team is looking for a full-time team member based in the US (west coast), APAC, or EU.
User Policy is a distributed team whose overall mission is to help maintain a safe, welcoming, and productive environment for GitHub’s diverse community of users. The User Policy team investigates reports of abuse, processes content removal requests, and works closely with other internal teams to help create and iterate on GitHub’s user-facing site policies and internal policies and procedures related to user-generated content moderation.
This role may require working non-standard working hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Investigate and respond to reports of abuse from both GitHub users and non-users, including categories such as:
- Privacy violations
- Malware, cryptocurrency abuse, and other reports of fraudulent activity
- Objectionable speech and content
- Review and process requests to remove sensitive data and personal information
- Organize and triage the team’s ticket queue periodically on a daily basis
- Use internal tools to process reviewed and verified legal notices, including DMCA takedown notices and trademark reports
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A strong sense of empathy and the ability to advocate for others
- Interest in law and policy as it applies to user-generated content platforms
- Self-starter who works well without direct supervision
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Comfortable making decisions in what are often very grey areas and escalating when necessary
- 3–5 years of relevant experience
- Technical/programming experience
- Experience communicating with users/customers
- Experience working remotely and/or with remote teams
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1644306