Telecommunication Transaction Tax Senior Manager Remote, US
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Telecommunication Transaction Tax Senior Manager to be a key contributor in the evaluation, execution, and minimization of Twilio’s Telecommunication Transaction tax risk globally.
Twilio is looking for a key contributor who lives the Twilio Magic with a demonstrated track record in telecommunication transaction tax issues and compliance. We seek someone with:
- 10+ years of telecommunications transaction tax experience dealing with Federal & State Universal Service Fund (FUSF & SUSF), Federal Excise Tax (FET), Emergency 911 (E911), Public Utility Commission Fees (PUC) and Telecom Regulatory Service Fees (TRS) and other similar taxes.
- Experience with telecommunication transaction tax compliance, reconciliations and tax automation systems such as Avalara, Vertex, OneSource, SureTax, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with the Tax, Accounting and Legal Regulatory Teams located in the US & Internationally; ability to handle multiple international entities.
- Strong accounting, Excel and Access skills; working knowledge of Netsuite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a Bachelor's degree with emphasis on accounting .
As a Telecommunication Transaction Tax Senior Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Oversee the review and timely filing of US and international telecommunication tax returns by our outside tax advisors and complete nexus analysis for potential telecommunication transaction tax requirements in new jurisdictions.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Monitor developments in telecommunication tax laws, research statutes, regulations and case law and draft technical memorandum. Be the primary point of contact for telecommunication transaction tax audits in the various jurisdictions and tax advisors on various telecommunication tax projects.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Manage, mentor and develop staff as we build out the telecommunication transaction tax team.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Reconciliation of the monthly telecommunication transactions tax liabilities, ensure proper tax accounting for telecommunication transaction taxes collected and remitted, manage telecommunication tax payments, and oversee telecommunication transaction tax exemption process.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves, take responsibility and manage challenging and confidential projects.
The Tax team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and ensuring that Twilio is compliant with its telecommunication transaction tax obligations in order to minimize the overall tax risk for the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2191656