Technical Trainer Ireland
Founded in 2010, Scrapinghub is a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services.
We’re a globally distributed team of over 140 Shubbers working from over 30 countries who are passionate about scraping, web crawling, and data science.
As a new Shubber, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Have the freedom & flexibility to work remotely.
Have the opportunity to go to conferences and meet with the team from across the globe.
Get the chance to work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
About the Job:
We are growing rapidly at Scrapinghub and are now seeking an experienced Technical Trainer to join our expanding team. This newly created position will be responsible for designing, creating and delivering Technical Training to Scrapinghub technical staff and technical and non technical external customers.
Our technical teams are diverse in knowledge, skills, programming languages and expertise across our different functions and geographically dispersed. You will be a technical training innovator experienced in the full lifecycle of technical training needs analysis, design, creation, delivery and evaluation.
You will possess the ability to manage a number of technical training programs simultaneously in addition to working with our Leaders to understand our product road map and build technical training content and solutions to meet Scrapinghub's evolving business and technical needs. You will be learner centric and will work with the Human Resources and Management Teams to promote, deliver and enhance our Technical Learning and Mentor Programs
- Create, deliver and manage technical training programs to meet the diverse technical training needs of different functions within Scrapinghub
- Deliver training in a variety of methods and formats including Instructor Led, Remote / Virtual Classroom Training Programmes - reflective of the needs of a remote-working company
- Collaborate and consult with internal and external Customers and Learners to conduct Technical Training Needs Identification and Analysis.
- Develop Technical reference guides, documentation and course materials (ie: Learner and Instructor guides, learning activities, Learner assessment and evaluation, and demo environments and applications to support and facilitate learning).
- Keep up to date with evolving or new and/or enhanced Scrapinghub products and platforms for training development and delivery, understand Scrapinghub's product road maps and new initiatives to ensure training courses are aligned with Business and Learner goals and objectives.
- Play a significant part in developing and delivering Technical Onboarding Training and activities to new Software Developers
- Organises and plans to create and prepare for new courses in addition to delivering current training schedules and activities
- Is a key driver and contributor to the continuous development and enhancement of Scrapinghub’s Technical Learning and Development programs including Data Science Academy and Programming skills
- Work cross functionally to develop content area plans and solutions to address Learning needs within the organisation
- Create Technical Learning plans for job roles based on Learner and Function needs.
- Work closely with Human Resources, Management Groups, the Senior Leadership Team and Learner groups to socialise, plan and execute Technical Learning Plans
- Ensure all LMS data is current and track / record Technical Training and Activities for maximum re-use
- Continuously evaluate and assess Technical Learning programmes factoring in Learner experience, relevance and business objectives.
- Develop and maintains training courses that are creative, engaging, relevant, timely, and appropriate to the course topic and delivery method
- 4 years plus experience as Technical Trainer within a Software environment designing, developing and delivering content to a diverse, multicultural and geographically dispersed learner audience.
- Good technical knowledge of tools such as Jira, Git, Redmine, Confluence.
- Knowledge of Web technologies is key.
- Relevant Technical Training qualifications) and memberships such as CTT+ / IITD membership etc.
- Experience in design and delivery for e learning programs strongly preferred and working with Learning Management Systems
- Proven experience in preparing / creating demo environments and supporting applications to deliver a variety of Technical Training Programs.
- Ability to adapt learning approaches, content and training delivery to both technical and non technical audiences
- Excellent organisation, communication, coaching, facilitation and presentation skills
- Possess the ability to connect business challenges to technical solutions
- Self motivated and self driven with a solution oriented approach - creative and innovative
- Ability to build rapport and confidence as a trusted technical training expert
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to successfully impact knowledge to a technical audience.
- Fluency in English.