Technical Support Manager - EMEA Remote - Europe
We're looking for a support team manager to help lead our passionate, distributed technical support staff and work with them to solve users' problems.
The Technical Support Manager will work with their team members to guide and serve them – to keep the team and everyone on it happy and productive. The manager will also work side-by-side with the team answering emails and helping to resolve users' issues as quickly and awesomely as possible.
Our Technical Support team handles questions about Git and GitHub workflow, GitHub Pages, our API, GitHub Actions and Packages, and much more.
Our support teammates have excellent writing skills: stellar grammar, charming written personality, and the ability to explain complicated things simply. We measure our success in swiftness, accuracy, and clarity.
The Technical Support Manager will report to the Director of Developer Support, who will help them maintain open lines of communication among team members and help keep work focused on things that are important to the individuals, the team, and the company. The Technical Support Manager will also work closely with the other Support Managers around the world to ensure consistency in our processes and help drive strategy and meet goals and deliverables for Developer Support. The Technical Support Manager will also work with the Human Resources team to help resolve personnel issues as they arise as well as hiring for Developer Support.
- Meeting 1-1 with team members on a regular basis
- Planning and supporting career development
- Giving feedback and managing performance
- Serving as a coach and mentor
- Keeping communication channels open within the entire Support team
- Serving as hiring manager for the team
- Responding to customer emails
- Working with Engineering to resolve problems on GitHub.com
- Current legal working authorization in Europe
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about creating and fostering good support practices
- Ability to empathize with a diverse range of people
- A strong sense of empathy and the ability to advocate for others
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A malleable writing style and voice
- Personnel management experience & hiring experience
- Basic experience using Git and GitHub
- Understanding of how websites and web applications work
- Have worked with a distributed team
- Experience working remotely
- Prior customer support experience
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2194542