Technical Services Architect United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Services Architect to be a key member in the Technical Services team. This team provides world class services and infrastructure for Twilio around the globe.
You will have the opportunity to lead the technical strategy and direction of Twilio’s internal engineering and infrastructure teams. In this leadership role you will help guide development of IT systems solutions that are strategically aligned to the overall architectural vision.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading cross-functional internal engineering teams. They also have:
- Extensive experience building and operating high-scale, mission critical production systems
- Knowledge of architectural patterns and archetypes for building mature services, especially for distributed and multi-regional
- Open to learning from others, humble, willing to experiment and try new ways of working
- Are an API first developer who understands the power of platforms
- Are passionate about enabling other developers through your leadership and driving teams to efficient decisions
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging engineering problems
- Domain Expertise in one or more of: Data pipelines and workflow, global office infrastructure, identity management and integrations
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field, or equivalent experience
- You’ll bring your deep experience with distributed systems to the table. You are passionate about operational excellence and know how to build software and infrastructure that delivers it. You are able to think at scale, define, and meet stringent availability and performance SLAs while ensuring quality and resiliency challenges across our global corporate footprint.
- Provide leadership in developing standards, architectural governance, architectural design patterns, and IT best practices
- Establishes knowledge of business challenges and priorities to identify opportunities and recommend technical solutions with action plans to improve ongoing business operation and employee experience in ways that add value to the organization
As a Technical Services Architect, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & EMPOWER OTHERS: Own the technical strategy for internal systems while empowering engineering teams to deliver a high quality user experience for all Twilions
- DRAW THE OWL: Create innovative ways to solve complex problems of system interoperability
- NO SHENANIGANS: Support the transparency and communication of the technical strategic roadmap with cross functional teams
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work collaboratively to provide feedback on the proposals of other Architects/team and collaborate on the larger cross-team technological direction of Twilio as a whole
Twilio Tech Services engineers solutions to provide secure, reliable, and efficient systems and technology which enable Twilions to do their best work. These teams are responsible for building the corporate infrastructure, systems, internal tools, and automation that help make Twilio run.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2263005