Technical Document Writer Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Technical Document Writer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
InVision’s Customer Support team is looking for an experienced documentation writer with experience working with and documenting APIs for complex web services and desktop applications. This role will own creating and maintaining support content related to InVision’s Studio Platform as well as other future projects. You will work with stakeholders to make sure content is accurate, appropriate, and engaging.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Support stakeholders to develop and maintain API documentation for developers using Studio Platform Author tutorials and reference guides that new developers can use to familiarize themselves with Studio Platform
- Write clear, simple content that speaks to customers in their own language
- Organize and structure documentation to make it more engaging and discoverable Suggest ways to improve content with formatting and visuals
- Collaborate openly and effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Analyze underperforming content and suggest ways to enhance it
- Manage content projects and communicate status proactively Look for ways to make your content better - keep raising the bar
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrated experience supporting, documenting, or developing for RESTful APIs for web applications or APIs/SDKs for desktop applications
- Broad experience in developing standards, best practices, and managing documentation
- Comfortable providing ideas on how we organize and structure our documentation to make it more discoverable to our users
- Exceptional organizational, writing, editing, formatting, collaboration, and communication skills
- Experience transforming content using formatting and visuals to present information as effectively as possible Experience collaborating with product managers, customer support reps, and other relevant resources
- Ability to express ideas clearly and diplomatically, communicating effectively across project and management teams
- Passion for providing a great user experience
- Passion for self-guided research and learning and ability to quickly become proficient with new tools and software
- Independently anticipate content needs based on enhancements and releases in a fast-paced environment Ability to juggle multiple projects on tight timelines
- Basic understanding of SEO concepts and how readers find and use content on the web
- Preferred working knowledge of HTML and CSS
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1448913