Tax Director - US or Europe United States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Finance team is seeking a Tax Director to join and develop a small, but mighty tax team and be an integral part of the finance leadership team as Elastic scales.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will oversee and lead the preparation of quarterly/year-end tax provisions and footnote disclosures for securities filings. You will act as reviewer and be able to dive into the details and/or call in external experts, as needed.
You will lead and develop our small, growing tax team as well as collaborate with various teammates across Finance, Sales, and Legal.
In addition, you will:
- Assist management in expansion to new locations, including tax structure and IP planning, inter-company agreement set up, cash flow planning and forecast
- Analyze international and local country tax planning around all aspects of business, including identification of issues, proper structuring of effective and tax-efficient strategies, and driving implementation of solutions
- Build by-entity forecast models with FP&A and prepare effective tax rate forecasts for GAAP and NON-GAAP purposes
- Monitor and update company's transfer pricing policies and related documentation
- Monitor and analyze tax regulatory and compliance developments and tax law changes (Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), etc.) impact to the Company
- Oversea Research and Development incentive and credit in multiple jurisdiction
- Design and implement tax process/policy for internal control and SOX
What You Bring Along:
A mind for macro tax strategy, an eye for detail when it comes to accuracy, and the discernment to know when we should consult outside, local tax experts.
You have experience in broad tax issues as well as exposure to various international tax considerations (mandatories).
You also have:
- ~3 years of experience at a Big 4 firm with a focus on tax (mandatory)
- Management experience and the desire to mentor and grow others
- Working knowledge of tax provision
- International tax experience
- M&A experience
- Experience at publicly traded company in USA
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1414364