Support Community Manager Berlin, Vancouver, Toronto, Portland, San Francisco, Mountain View, Remote US, Remote Canada
We’re looking for a driven Community Support Management professional who has worked with communities at scale, to join our User and Product Support team. Your goal will be to manage and scale one of the largest communities at Mozilla - Mozilla Support.
Mozilla’s support platform is used by more than 1 million people a day and is fully powered by a passionate community of volunteers. The Support Community is made up of hundreds of individuals who spend their time answering questions, writing and localizing knowledge base articles into more than 50 languages. Our global community is full of individuals who believe in Mozilla’s mission and are inspired by helping others to get the most out of their favourite products.
The Support Community Manager's main responsibility is to guide our community in delivering support for Mozilla product users. You will be responsible for activating and training new community members, while working to develop a close relationship with the existing community.
The ideal candidate will have strong process development skills including documentation and a passion for solving problems that matter to our community and users.
Duties and responsibilities
The Community Support Manager will be responsible for managing communities across Support touchpoints
- Support.mozilla.org community forums with volunteers responding to product support questions
- Social support program with volunteers responding to prioritized support inquiries on twitter.
- Knowledge Base editors and translation communities to make sure our support content is accurate, helpful and localized in time for product release.
Maintain a daily, active presence with the support community, acting as a guiding force for discussions and activity.
- Onboard new contributors and keep existing contributors engaged.
- Organise and activate the community for support during product launches through campaigns and activities.
- Plan and execute community training and onboarding. For example: Tips & Techniques, Customer Support, Challenging Cases.
- Prioritize, and respond to community members in a timely manner.
- Embrace the Community Participation Guidelines as a tool for community health, and measure of how community engages with each other, and with users.
Create, document and implement strategies for support communities initiatives;
- Develop and implement onboarding, engagement and retention strategies and processes.
- Explore new ways to support new products in new channels.
- Develop and test content, programs, and processes to continuously improve our community engagement.
- Work to represent user insights through community feedback and user feedback, delivering insights from the community and forums work back into product, enabling us to continuously improve the users experience and coordinating our community resources to address key user issues.
Upgrade and extend the existing online community processes, features and technical infrastructure
- Identify, track and report on key metrics for community health and initiatives
- administration, settings, and metrics reporting.
- Deliver continuous improvement and optimisation for support processes.
Community Manager requirements
- Minimum of 4 years in customer service operations, community management or equivalent experience.
- You love people and you have proven expertise in building and managing large communities for results.
- Experience planning and leading community initiatives.
- You love learning a product inside and out, and educating customers on exciting new features and industry best practices.
- Excellent written, spoken communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter, team player
- Experience with diverse distributed global communities
- Ability to report on and gather metrics from tracking relevant community KPIs
- Knowledge of inclusive practices for community building.
Nice to have skills
- Content localization and tools
- Experience dealing with vendors
- Native speaker of German or Spanish
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/1525273