Strategic Sourcing Manager, Indirect Categories United States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
As the Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will be the 2nd person on our small, but mighty Sourcing team. Given this, you will lead global sourcing activities associated with Corporate Services spend categories, including supplier strategy development and coordination of activities to ensure that cost and value-added requirements are met. This is a role where you will own, get support from our Director, Strategic Sourcing as you need, and drive the business areas you cover forward.
In addition, you will help build sourcing and procurement process in Elastic. If this sounds like you, read on!
What You Will Be Doing:
We look to you to drive projects in all aspects of the sourcing process, from category assessment, cost savings opportunities, and vendor due diligence to RFP, contract negotiations, and vendor management. The areas you will cover are Corporate Services spend categories which include but are not limited to Consulting, Contingent/Temp Labour, Outsourcing, HR including Benefits & Payroll, Travel, Events, Marketing, Legal, and Facilities.
As a small team at Elastic, we thrive navigating ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view, and are data-driven. We are looking for a teammate who balances critical, long-term thinking about how we scale Sourcing with hands-on delivery to ensure what needs to happen today gets done.
In addition, you will:
- Build and grow relationships with key stakeholders within the HR, Marketing, Finance, Professional Services, Operations, and Legal organizations to develop sourcing strategies to meet their requirements
- Collaborate with Finance and Planning counterparts to proactively monitor and evaluate strategic sourcing opportunities and help drive planning and budgeting processes
- Perform spend, market, and vendor analytical research, and communicating these findings to senior leaders to help drive decision-making
- Bring together product and service specifications from business owners for RFx activities and vendor business reviews
- Own the development of award scenarios and recommendations for stakeholder evaluation, consideration and decision-making
- Lead the contract negotiation process by partnering with the business, legal and data security teams.
- Support internal Business Partners by facilitating accurate and favorable transactions, and ongoing supplier management and accountability
- Grow vendor relationships; leveraging vendors as a source of innovation and growth
- Build sourcing and procurement process and enabling the associated sourcing and procurement tools
What You Bring Along:
You have a Bachelor's or Master Degree plus 7+ years of meaningful experience working in Sourcing with a strong focus on Indirect spend categories (mandatory).
You have broad Sourcing experience and get excited by the idea of learning lots of areas of the business and helping to drive those business areas forward.
You thrive by growing relationships!
- Strong communication, relationship building, influencing, persuasion, negotiation, presentation, conflict resolution and business analysis skills
- Expert at analyzing data in complex databases in order to draw data driven conclusions
- Possess high integrity combined with good business acumen, with the ability to identify, recommend and select the best overall solution.
- Strong ability to develop and manage relationships with key business partners and suppliers
- Leading and influencing sourcing projects within and across categories, and with internal business partners. Ability to articulate/present well and facilitate decision-making
- Be knowledgeable on Sourcing processes, indirect spend and tools
- This is a global position and will require travel
- Be a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude. Must be willing to work on one’s own initiative and must be focused on achieving goals
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1441439