Staff Software Engineer - External Integrations Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Staff Software Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
This small, diverse team focuses on solving customer problems through the design and development of innovative first-party integrations between InVision and external vendors. We focus on delivering a delightful, best-in-class user experience as we build solutions that enable our customers to seamlessly connect their InVision assets to the tools they use every day. We solve tough problems, creatively and collaboratively, with just about every other engineering team at InVision, resulting in quite a bit of interesting variety in our work. We work in scrum agile iterations on short-term delivery cycles, ship code just about every day, and push launches every few months. You can find a recent example of our work with Jira here.
What you’ll do:
- Lead efforts in developing robust solutions to interesting problems that utilize TypeScript, React, and Golang microservices
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders to help drive, and balance priorities
- Help drive technical initiatives by proactively visualizing and understanding the needs of the software
- Lead code reviews and guide software architecture decisions for your team
- Actively work to understand and implement initiatives to drive quality such as stability, performance, and clean code
- Influence technology decisions across InVision
- Mentor other engineers on the team and support their career development
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of software development experience delivering solutions that are high quality, scalable, maintainable, and performant
- Experience with Golang is highly desirable
- Multiple years of experience mentoring and leading experienced engineers
- Experience leveraging 3rd party APIs to build integrations between disparate products
- Solid understanding of cross-process interactions (either app to app or app to distributed service)
- Ability to define and solve unconstrained problems and know when to seek help
- A knack for leading technical teams, building consensus and influencing technical decisions
- One or more degrees in computer science or a related field, and/or equivalent work experience
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1991313