Staff Software Engineer Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Staff Level Software Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About The Team
This role is for a Staff Level engineer in the Site Reliability Team. SRE owns the compute platform, observability and chaos testing framework. InVision is an early adopter of the best technology available and has been running Kubenetes for several years. The SRE team is responsible for maintaining the existing platform and developing new platform architecture based on automation and which leverages the best industry tools and processes.
This position is for a dynamic leader who can join teams already performing and start making strategic decisions right away. In this role you will be in a position to lead architecture, make design decisions and drive reliability projects by consulting with product teams to identify anti-patterns and optimization strategies.
What you’ll do:
- In this exciting role you will work on the next generation of InVision's platform
- Work closely with senior leadership, platform architects, and other engineers developing platform design and tools
- Work across teams to identify and fix issues that affect reliability and performance
- Mentor junior engineers on design and coding best practices
- Evaluate, integrate, and contribute to relevant open source projects
- Create a compelling vision for the future
What you’ll bring (we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single one):
- 8+ years of software development experience with emphasis on platform engineering (preferably with Go and Node)
- 2+ years of Kubernetes experience, with strong knowledge of how a Kubernetes platform operates (service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing), preferably with experience developing controllers and operators
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and maintaining high volume distributed software systems
- Experience leading engineers in the design, implementation, and operation of distributed software systems
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level and able to develop tools that enhance the deployment process
- Systematic problem solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1558280