Staff Software Engineer - Accounts Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
The Engineering team is in search of a Staff Software Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
We’re looking for technical experts who can turn product ideas into reality and operate diverse products for millions of customers, from the small to the behemoth. We’re excited by challenges of scale—both the number and size of customers—and a diverse set of products. If you’re looking for variety, we have it. Every team ships code daily. We’re motivated to not only deliver the best products, but also to personally achieve.
What you will do:
- Build and own operational excellence of robust backend-end services that must be performant under load, scalable, and handle large sets of data
- Mentor and technically lead other senior developers on the team and act as a point of contact for cross team initiatives
- Create system documentation/play book(s) and serve as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews
- Refactor code on an ongoing basis to improve developer efficiency, architecture, and quality
- Research and help to define technical standards for the company
- Lead code reviews and guide software architecture decisions for your team
- Actively work to understand and implement initiatives to drive quality such as stability, performance, and clean code
What you will bring:
- Strong proficiency in Go
- Hands on experience designing, implementing, deploying through CI and operating distributed systems at scale and under heavy load
- Multiple years of experience mentoring and leading experienced engineers
- A track record of building consensus and influencing technical decisions across the organization
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack
- A passion for operational excellence and a drive towards creating performant and reliable applications
- Solid understanding of event based architecture
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1424120