Sr. SQL Analyst Distributed, AMER
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion we are now seeking a Sr. SQL Analyst to join our Sales Strategy & Operations team. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to work cross-functionally across teams developing models, views, and indices in our data warehouse that provide critical insights on the performance of our field operations organization.
What you will be doing:
- SQL View Development: you will collaborate with other members of the Sales Strategy and Operations org to build SQL queries and aggregations that help us derive key reports, forecasts, and other operational results inside of Google BigQuery. You’ll be responsible for supporting our team across a wide variety of metric areas from corporate critical metrics to individual teams and regional performance. This will ultimately translate into making our Sales Operations organization more successful by providing insights to our GTM leadership team in better understanding when and how to invest for growth.
- Visualizations: after working with IT to productionize your models, you’ll build visualizations in Kibana that help our business partners and leaders quickly diagnose results and issues with speed and precision.
- Enablement and training: you’ll educate and inform key partners about the models you generate, to ensure they’re fully adopted and to eventually help other teams get set up for success in our BI environment.
- Driving Requirements: we have big dreams for our Data Warehouse, particularly around insights that it can deliver back to our team in real-time. You will help build the requirements for how our business partners demonstrate and expose these insights to hundreds of Elastic employees and have a direct impact on accelerating our time to sale, and help prioritize and enable as they’re delivered by our partners in IT.
- Teamwork: you will work closely with our IT integrations and BI team to ensure the data warehouse environment has all the data we need to be successful, as well as ensuring we’re protecting these valuable insights with the right security and access controls as we roll features out to our Sales Strategy team members, operations teams, and eventually the field itself. You partner with all aspects of the Sales Operations org including the Global Sales Analytics and Incentives team, Global Sales Strategy, GTM Tech & Operations, and Pricing Strategy and Ops.
What you bring along:
- 3+ years experience with, and strong knowledge of SQL Databases, with a slight preference for exposure to Google BigQuery or Postgres.
- Expert-level ability to craft SQL queries and build views using data from multiple tables and sources, with a focus on aggregations and statistical functions.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel: most of your team members have models in excel that they’re looking to bring into BI. Being able to understand their formulas and aggregations will make you infinitely more successful. Preferred: prior experience with R for data analysis & statistics.
- Preferred: knowledge of the Elastic stack, particularly Kibana.
- Incredible attention to detail: a chart is meaningless if the insight it claims to portray isn’t accurate or predictive. You always push yourself to deliver the most accurate result.
- Prior experience working in operations: you like business metrics, be it for sales, finance, or some other customer-relating function. You also have strong business insight and foresight to help enable our extended team members to continue to be more dedicated and guiding our leadership team. Sales, marketing, or finance analytics preferred.
- You value autonomy. You have a strong personal sense of time management, and while you enjoy collaborating with your teammates, you don’t need a lot of oversight to get the job done. You also value opportunities to make a high impact on the success of the company as a whole and understand keys to success in a highly visible cross-functional role.
- You are curious and data-driven: asking questions and seeking answers is part of who you are, and using your creative skills to craft statistical models that help guide and direct an organization excites and motivates you.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance phenomenal work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1456412