Sr DevOps Engineer- Multiple countries Worldwide
Company: Modus Create
Modus Create is hiring a Sr DevOps Engineer. If you embody the interdependence of software development and IT operations and comfortable crossing the lines between development, quality assurance and operations, we would like to speak with you!
This contract role may be performed from a remote location and requires a level of effort estimated at 40 hours per week.
- Perform migration of applications from a diverse set of deployment styles and locations to Kubernetes on AWS
- Refactor a diverse set of application build and deployment processes to fit a single model
- Coordinate with development and operations teams to support development, testing, and production deployments
- Integrate monitoring instrumentation into application deployments
- Collaborate effectively on a remote agile team daily
- At least 3-5 years of experience on a software development or automated QA team, using the tools and practices associated with DevOps
- Ability to set up a Continuous Deployment pipeline
- Virtualization and containerization experience, especially with Docker
- Automated functional testing with Cucumber, Selenium Webdriver, Watir, Capybara, or similar systems
- Experience with TDD or BDD practices
- Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI or comparable continuous integration systems
- Linux system administration
- Proficiency in multiple scripting languages: bash, Ruby, Python, or comparable systems
- Ability to set up and customize open source software, such as LAMP stack CMS systems and Java applications
- Familiarity with multiple database systems, both SQL and NoSQL (For example, MySQL and MongoDB)
- Demonstrated experience in using Amazon Web Services, Heroku, or Google Compute Platform to deploy dev, test, and production applications
- Experience packaging applications with Docker and deploying applications to Kubernetes clusters
- Experience deploying applications with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation or similar systems
- Experience with blue / green deployments
- Experience with A/B testing
Highly qualified candidates will have:
- Software estimation skills, including Agile estimation with Story Points and Scrum planning experience.
- Substantial open source contributions to tools or methodologies used in the DevOps field
- Have designed and taught classes in an area of technical expertise
- Track record of active participation across social media (Stack Overflow, programming language/ framework forums, Meetup groups, blogging, Twitter)
Let’s Talk about You
You value outcomes above all else: You have a proven track record shipping great mobile and web products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
You Lead by Doing: You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty in the technical details for strategic and tactical problem solving. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
You Love Work, Growth and Learning: You dream of working in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation with a commitment to building amazing products for clients and their end users. You’ll stop learning when you are dead, and until then you desire to gain deeper knowledge in technology and business.
Let’s Talk About Us
Modus Create is a Product Studio offering consulting services and SaaS products for strategic planning, design and execution of web-based and mobile products. We work across multiple industries with Fortune 1000, ISVs, and startups to validate, plan and launch new products. Headquartered in Reston, VA, we are a global, bootstrapped team that has grown from 2 to 185+ people in 45+ countries in 8 years, committed to building the best product consulting firm on the planet. We offer a highly collaborative, autonomous and effective working environment. We love and believe in what we do. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
Why Modus Create
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to work remotely / telecommute
- Working side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Do you have what it takes to join the DC area's most awesome tech company? Let’s start a conversation.