Splunk Application Developer United States
We are looking for software engineers with a minimum of 3 years of Splunk experience -- preferably in the InfoSecurity.
The Splunk application developer position is primarily focused on software engineering: designing, creating, and maintaining Splunk Applications. Some background knowledge of operations would be complementary to building performant and stable applications.
Using your excellent written and verbal communication skills, as a Splunk Application Developer you will work with Product Management to design and create applications and features.
The ideal candidate will have a talent for originating ideas for delivering value to customers. The developer will also work directly with CrowdStrike internal customers to support the various internal Splunk Applications in use.
As a Splunk Application Developer, working in a dynamic, and team-oriented environment, you will take ownership of, and be accountable for deliverables. You will execute projects and initiatives to improve the application offerings.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with Splunk Application Development.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Strong understanding of Splunk architecture and components (indexer, clustering, search heads, and search head clustering (SHC), forwarders (HF/UF) and forwarder, HTTP Event Collector (HEC)
- Experience with Splunk log parsing configuration: props and transforms.
- Strong understanding of Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL): construction of well-structured search queries, including external table lookups, that minimize performance impact.
- Create production-quality Splunk dashboards based on sound UI principles
- Strong scripting skills: Python, BASH
- Experience with creating, and understanding Regular Expressions: REGEX
- Good understanding of Ubuntu Linux: configuration and troubleshooting.
- Ability to effectively multitask and resolve complex technical issues.
- Ability to create technical documentation: design specifications and runbooks.
- Security tools as user: Network, Endpoint, Threat Hunting, Investigations
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence, JIRA, Stash.
- Experience with Django, Swagger, Celery.
- Experience with git source control.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/crowdstrike/job/okR56fw6