Sonatype Solutions Architect (Pre-Sales) United States
Sonatype is experiencing dramatic growth, and we are looking to add a passionate, driven and talented Solutions Architect to our West Coast team, based out of California. The Solutions Architect will help prospective customers discover, learn and implement a DevSecOps approach to increase the speed, security and quality of their software.
The ideal candidate has outstanding technical acumen, great social skills and excels in customer engagements. If you have the soft skills to match your technical prowess, and thrive in a fast-moving, fast-growing environment, we want to talk to you. You should feel passionate about working with incredibly smart people and helping them do things better. Our customers are enterprise architects, security officers, developers, and DevOps managers.
What You Will Do
- Take a consultative approach to understanding our customer’s current software development practises and identify opportunities to improve them with Sonatype’s solutions.
- Provide technical recommendations on how to improve their Software Supply Chain and DevSecOps practices using Sonatype solutions.
- Deliver compelling software demonstrations, customer proof-of-concept (POC) engagements and reference architectures showcasing the value of Sonatype’s Solutions
- Act as a resource to educate your sales colleagues on relevant product knowledge.
- Assist in completing RFP/RFIs with sales teams and other technical resources at Sonatype.
- Work closely with sales and technical colleagues to achieve a regional based sales quota.
- Communicate important customer product feedback to Sonatype product management.
- Opportunities to attend and present at meetups and trade shows to build presence and awareness and share experiences.
- Become a trusted DevSecOps technical advisor to customers and the community.
- Keep on top of the latest trends in the SDLC tooling landscape.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Minimum of 5 years developing software and/or relevant pre-sales or consulting experience.
- Familiarity with tooling used in the SDLC including: version control (e.g., git, svn, etc.), continuous integration (e.g., Jenkins), build tools (Maven, Gradle), package managers (e.g. Maven Central,, NPM, etc.), artifact repositories (e.g. Nexus, Artifactory), continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.), container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, etc.). Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- Experience performing on-site proof of concepts (POCs) and customer demonstrations.
- Ability to express complex technical and functional concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Travel is required to support regional sales activity at customer sites.
- Great Interpersonal and customer facing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or a equivalent level of study plus 5 years of experience in the field.
- Experience in application security / DevSecOps is a plus.
More than 10 million software developers rely on Sonatype to innovate faster while mitigating security risks inherent in open source. Sonatype’s Nexus platform combines in-depth component intelligence with real-time remediation guidance to automate and scale open source governance across every stage of the modern DevOps pipeline. Sonatype is privately held with investments from TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and Hummer Winblad Venture Partners. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.