Software Engineering Manager United States
GitHub is looking for an experienced manager to lead a small team within our application engineering group. Together we will create products that are integral to how people build software. We pride ourselves on being thoughtful, intentional and getting things done. Hopefully you do too.
Here are some of the signs of a successful Engineering Manager at GitHub:
- The team always understands the “why” and knows what success looks like for any given product or feature
- The team builds software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality
- The team ships products, features and bug fixes regularly
- Individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their respective careers
- The team is responsive to recruiting and interview needs
- Team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership
We value collaboration, empathy, quality, positive impact and shipping. You will excel when the way you work reflects these values. We want you to lead technically while enabling every team member to do the best work of their lives and we'll partner to enable the same for you.
In this position, you will work closely with the Director of Application Engineering. You will also be part of a community dedicated to making a positive impact at work and at large.
- 2+ years direct engineering management experience
- 2+ years of prior experience writing production code in Ruby or Rails.
- Demonstrated experience in improving the diversity and inclusiveness of engineering teams
- You love helping others improve and you enjoy being hands on
- You are tenacious, highly organized and laser focused when working toward a goal
- Your decisions are inclusive and timely
- You show humility when you are right and have the confidence to admit mistakes
- You are passionate about building products that developers love
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1077777