Senior Software Engineer, Snap Store Europe, Americas
Canonical's Snap Store team is looking for talented backend developers to join a distributed engineering team focused on delivering the best Snap Store experience for software developers and device manufacturers.
Snaps are secure, sandboxed, containerized applications isolated from the underlying system and from other applications. Our Snap Store facilitates the safe installation of apps from any vendor on mission critical devices and desktops (see https://snapcraft.io ). Snaps are moving beyond IoT devices and becoming an integral part of the Ubuntu desktop, server and cloud experience as well as on other Linux distributions.
We have a lot of interesting work ahead of us in providing features for those environments and scaling to meet demand as millions of additional devices come online. Our services are a mix of Python (Flask, Django) and Golang. if you have a passion for clean APIs, have a bias towards shipping and believe that tests are the key to higher velocity and reliability, you'll fit right in.
- Work in small teams to develop services, features, and enhancements according to our development roadmap, primarily in Python and Golang
- Be responsible for the end-to-end success of your work, including testing, deployment to production and ongoing maintenance, monitoring and operations
- Working with the team on design proposals and reviews, code reviews
- Collaborating with other teams in Canonical to deliver the full scope of a feature beyond the backend APIs
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience with a focus on public-facing APIs and web applications
- Proven ability to consistently deliver robust code to production
- A rigorous approach to software design, development and testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate remotely with a diverse set of team members and remain highly motivated, productive, and organized
- Familiarity with Ubuntu as a development and deployment platform
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related engineering field
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience operating highly-available production services at scale
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, LXD, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
LOCATION & TRAVEL
Our team is 100% remote, and for or this position we are seeking applicants in Western Europe or Eastern Americas timezones. Travel to international destinations is expected for 1 week at a time approximately 2-4 times per year.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/955254