Site Engineer United States
GitHub is looking for an engineer to help extend its 27 million developers' experience beyond managing code and into deciding what to do next with their skills. GitHub needs your help designing and engineering the complex, dynamic web applications that will help developers decide what to learn next, who can help them, and where they can connect with interesting people. The engineer that joins this effort will work in a tightly-knit, distributed team that's actively working on all of GitHub's web properties -- including GitHub.com -- wrestling with the challenges of scale, security, and code quality.
- Design, scope, and implement technical solutions that scale across multiple GitHub web applications.
- Manage software projects that include stakeholders from a wide range of disciplines, including community support, data science, software development, and sales.
- Communicate persuasively with peers to inspire cooperation.
- Mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the growth of others.
- Employ fundamental design patterns and provide examples for others to follow.
- Make well-reasoned decisions that inspire and energize others.
- Become intimately familiar with the systems they build and take pride in writing maintainable code.
- Provide technical leadership so that others can contribute confidently.
- Help recruit, interview, and generally make GitHub a great home for developers.
- 3+ years building web applications.
- Expertise in designing, writing, and analyzing user experience tests.
- Experience as technical lead on a software development team.
- You write tests to improve the design and quality of code.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1117123