Senior UX Software Engineer - Developer Confidence United States
GitHub is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Developer Confidence group. This group is responsible for the build and developer environment functions for our internal teams. The role will focus on frontend development for several internal tools/services and work with our teams to offer an amazing and improved user experience. This person will work multi-functional areas with our Platform Engineering teams to improve and in some cases design for better usability across all our internal applications and workflows.
GitHub is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people of color and other groups currently underrepresented in tech. Do you think this is the job for you? Are you ready for an amazing career that impacts our industry? We are looking for you to:
- Display a strong dedication to building an inclusive tech environment.
- You have shown resilience and resourcefulness both in and outside of the workplace.
- Can bring a new perspective based on educational, professional and lived experiences.
- Can effectively communicate with people from disparate backgrounds.
- Have experience mentoring/coaching/teaching, particularly in environments with diverse students/participants.
- Develop and maintain Rails applications, participate in quality improvement activities, user interface software development and perform code reviews.
- Develop and maintain systems built on off-the-shelf solutions and in-house applications, both developed in-house and commercial off the shelf solutions such as (but not limited to) Docker, Jenkins, Slack, Elastic Search and Data Dog.
- Build and develop usability studies and user experience improvements on front-end applications, chatops interfaces and command line interfaces.
- Work with on-call engineers to continuously improve alert health for all supporting systems and services.
- Review events that impact availability and performance and guide process changes to increase resilience of systems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for owned services.
- 1+ years experience working on continuous integration projects/services with at-scale experience or similar experience around commercial software delivery
- 5+ years experience working on an application team, preferably on the frontend of a web application
- Impactful, direct experience implementing development tools for very large or fast-growing teams of developers. We're looking for projects like:
- Development on projects with Primer, Bootstrap, or similar frameworks.
- Development on API projects using nodeJS and/or GraphQL
- Experience with nodejs & primer
- 1+ years working on UX and Usability projects
- ChatOps development/automation (Hubot/Probot)
- Additional experience nice to have:
- Work on Projects that use Docker
- Working on design UX for web applications and workflows
- Continuous deployment infrastructure for high-churn systems (tens to hundreds of change requests per day)
- Triage and anomaly detection workflows for error tracking systems
- Automated setup and maintenance of hundreds to thousands of local development environments
- Automated systems to determine site and deployment health
- Automated triage of test failures and production errors to responsible teams
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1441969