Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Trust and Security team is looking for an Intelligence Analyst to join the Platform Integrity team and provide high level tactical intelligence products to Twilio stakeholders. This candidate will have a proven history of producing accurate intelligence products and be able to communicate intelligence findings to stakeholders, up to and including executive leadership.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience in threat intelligence, Security Operations, Security Engineering, Security Architecture or forensics. They also have:
- Experience as a Threat Operations team member, Security Researcher, Cyber Threat Researcher, or Cyber Crime investigator
- Possesses the ability to review information to determine its significance, validate its accuracy and assess its reliability.
- In-depth understanding of modern technical security controls (i.e. firewalls, SIEMS, IPS, HIPS), as well as, detection capabilities and other practices / solutions for securing digital environments, to include packet flows / TCP & UDP traffic, firewall and proxy technologies, anti-virus, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems and other host-based monitoring, email monitoring and spam technologies, etc
- The ability to analyze the content of data and captures from sources such as networks, hosts (volatile/live memory), electronic media, log data, and network devices in support of intrusion analysis or enterprise level information security operations.
- Understanding of what information or assets are of value to threat actors and how organizations are breached and customer accounts compromised.
- Undergraduate degree, military training or relevant experience in cyber intelligence or computer science.
As a Threat Intelligence Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- NO SHENANIGANS: Collect, analyze, catalog, store, and assist in the deployment of indicators of compromise (IOCs) in partnership with the SOC and Vulnerability management teams to help refine detection and response efforts.
- DON’T SETTLE: Identify credible, new intelligence and subject matter resources relative to current/emerging threats.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Author tactical assessments on cyber threats, attacks, and incidents of interest. Create written and verbal intelligence products for internal customers to assist in proactively addressing threats to the IT or InfoSec infrastructure or Twilio’s brand.
- BE AN OWNER: Provide subject matter expertise on cyber threats to support current analytic operations and initiatives.
- BE BOLD: Perform open source threat collection and analysis activities identifying indications of cyber threats, websites, and vulnerabilities through automated and manual analysis using existing and purpose-built tools.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Participate in incident post mortems to ascertain the impact of an incident and develop threat trends to develop mitigation techniques and countermeasures that can prevent future attacks.
The Platform Integrity team is vital to ensuring that Twilio operations leadership has access to actionable intelligence that informs decision making on a global scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in any of our office locations: Atlanta, Denver, Irvine, etc. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2216608