Senior Software Engineer - SDK Remote-US
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software and we want you to help change the way we build GitHub. We're looking for an engineer to work with a dynamic and distributed group of engineers building and improving our platform.
We are building the SDKs that enable developers and teams to programmatically access GitHub. These SDKs empower developers and organizations to integrate their products and build their businesses on GitHub in service of improving developer productivity.
Our team is highly distributed. You should thrive in an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll always be challenged to solve unique and interesting problems that have a real impact on how your co-workers and developers using GitHub build software.
- You will contribute to SDK development for our supported platforms
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions to guide team decision making
You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
You will mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- 5+ years building web services
- You have experience delivering SDKs or developing tier-one APIs consumed by 3rd parties
- You have experience with RESTful API design and/or GraphQL
- You have experience across two or more programming languages
- You have a solid knowledge of testing principles
- You have the ability to empathize with a diverse range of engineers
- You are known for being a great communicator, both written and verbal
- You have remote work experience
- You have experience contributing to open source software
- You have used GraphQL in production environments
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1688621