Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure Remote - Global
GitHub is looking for a strong Infrastructure engineer to join our Development Lifecycle organization working on our Kubernetes run-time platform.
Development Lifecycle at GitHub prides itself on a strong internal and external customer focus and data-informed experimentation to improve resilience, reliability, performance and usability. You'll join us in enabling the future architecture of GitHub by helping us build and grow our Kubernetes development run-time platform. You'll work closely with developers across the entire GitHub organization to shape the infrastructure that address many needs, including:
- Building and expanding the Kubernetes infrastructure at GitHub
- Artifact management (leveraging Go Modules and artifact repositories)
- Tracing, logging, stats collection, and exception handling
- Resiliency, performance, and testing
- Database clients and data abstractions
- Job and event processing
- Dynamic configuration
- Deployment flow
This team and its parent Development Lifecycle organization are highly distributed and you will thrive in an environment of remote work and asynchronous communication. Our team members span a variety of timezones, genders, races, cultures, disability statuses, sexual orientations, family responsibilities, experience levels, professional backgrounds, personality types, and more. You're expected to have strong written communication skills and to excel in working relationships with people different from you.
- Build Go libraries and frameworks that empathetically and pragmatically meet real operability and ergonomic needs of GitHub developers
- Work closely with engineering leaders and teams across the organization
- Cultivate the open source projects developed and contributed to by GitHub and build things you are proud to share
- Engage the broader Development community and keep up to date with new advances, products, releases, and idioms
- Use data to understand the reliability, usability, and sustainability of our shared team code
- Extensive experience in Kubernetes and Go
- Experience writing and maintaining libraries and frameworks
- Strong communication skills and willingness to pair program, mob on tough bugs, brainstorm in public, and otherwise enthusiastically engage with GitHubbers in collaborative problem solving
- Experience building highly available systems at scale
- An orientation towards product development and an emphasis on user experience
- Technical writing skills
- History of success in a remote work environment
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2024316