Senior Product Manager, Packaging and Ecosystem Integrations Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We're looking to add a new node to the Elastic Product cluster as part of the Product Management team. At Elastic, we’re committed to having our products available wherever our users are. This means the Elastic Stack has to run on-premise, in containers, on public clouds, and on developer laptops. Plus, we want the experience to be as flawless as possible, whether you’re running a single-machine deployment for development and testing or a hundred node production cluster.
With over 200 million downloads today, we invite you to be a vital part of the rapidly growing and improving experience for the next 200 million!
What You Will Do:
You will prioritize and define integrations with public cloud providers, from deployment via Azure ARM templates or AWS AMIs, to integration with cloud provider services like Google Cloud Storage, AWS S3, etc.
You will build and grow partnerships with the above organizations, as necessary. For example, fostering a relationship with Docker, Inc. would help ensure Elastic’s Docker images are listed in the Docker Store which is better for our users.
In addition, you will:
- Work closely with and across our engineering teams to plan and prioritize the packaging, deployment, configuration and public cloud integrations of the Elastic Stack. Whether it's focusing on stack installation mechanisms, from the tar.gz to MSIs to Docker containers, or configuration management integrations, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Salt
- Work with product marketing to ensure our deployment mechanisms and integrations are properly promoted
- Track and improve KPIs around adoption and usage of the various packaging and deployment mechanisms
Who You Are:
You are broadly knowledgeable with how modern, distributed software is deployed and managed in many scenarios.
You're curious about how, and why our community and customers install and manage the Elastic Stack.
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or meaningful work experience in a technical discipline (mandatory)
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Direct product management experience with packaging (e.g. RPM, MSI, Docker), configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Terraform), and/or public cloud integrations (e.g. AWS AMIs, GCP Images, Azure ARM Templates, Azure Marketplace) (mandatory)
- Open source software and/or commercial open source companies experience (desired, but not required)
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms and dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; London, UK; Berlin, Germany; Munich, Germany; Tel Aviv, Israel
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1143677