Senior Product Manager, APM Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Innovation at Elastic never stops and we are excited to have just released Elastic APM in GA.
The Elastic APM product is dynamic as we're adding support for new programming languages and frameworks, improving the UI visualizations, and deeply integrating with the existing capabilities of the Elastic Stack, like Logstash, Beats, Watcher, and Machine Learning.
If you're passionate about application performance and enabling our Open Source users and customers to ship code with confidence, building monitoring for distributed systems, and empowering developers to debug production issues much faster, this job is for you!
What You Will Do:
As Senior Product Manager you will be involved with everything APM, but will focus on the Java and .NET ecosystems of APM. With our Java agent in development, and .NET agent development starting soon, you'll be directly impacting the roadmap and positioning of Elastic APM.
You will prioritize enterprise customers and their APM needs and will strategically help define where the Elastic APM offering is going relative to this customer base.
In addition, you will:
- Engage with customers to understand use-cases and product requirements
- Perform competitive analysis of the APM competitive landscape
- Enable sales and marketing relative to the APM market and communicating effectively with customers
- Influence roadmap by working with customers, internal teams, and the community.
- Craft technical product updates and presentations
Who You Are:
You have experience with either the Java or .NET ecosystem (or maybe both!) and you are motivated to collaborate with engineering on delivering APM agents for these languages.
In the past, you've worked with on-premise, enterprise customer segments for a technology offering and have insights to share—even if it's not specific to APM, but a broader monitoring offering.
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or meaningful work experience in development, DevOps, solutions architecture, or pre-sales engineering.
- Deep knowledge of monitoring features for distributed systems
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience with APM
- 2+ years in product management
- Familiarity with the Elastic Stack and/or knowledge of at least one of the common use-cases
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms and dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; London, UK; Berlin, Germany; Munich, Germany; Tel Aviv, Israel
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1156146