Senior Product Designer, Firefox Test Pilot Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand
Test Pilot is a small team passionate about shipping small, iterative experiments in Firefox, on the web, and soon on mobile platforms. We place a special emphasis on rapid prototyping, qualitative research, and data analysis. You can read more about our team on our blog.
**Location: Vancouver or Remote
**Portfolio and anonymized portfolio required with application
Join the Firefox Test Pilot team and build experimental features/services that will shape the future of Firefox in the browser and beyond. We are looking for a passionate and talented Product/UX Designer to explore, prototype, and test cross-platform experiences, participate in product planning, and work closely with engineering to ship consistently high quality experiences.
As a member of the larger Firefox User Experience team, you will be working with a dynamic and multidisciplinary product group committed to enabling creative new web experiences for nearly half a billion people worldwide.
- Seek out and explore a wide range of meaningful design problems and ideas for Firefox users.
- Generate new concepts and ideas based on team strategy, research, and testing.
- Build mockups and prototypes to communicate your ideas and test hypotheses.
- Ensure design quality by giving and soliciting constructive feedback from peers and team members.
- Identify, plan, and conduct evaluative user research.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Research, Product, and Engineering to ensure top quality UX from conception till launch
- Minimum 3-4 years of professional experience in interaction/product design.
- Understanding of UX design methodologies.
- Experience crafting and shipping products on web and mobile platforms.
- Experience with planning, conducting, and presenting user testing results.
- Proven ability to think strategically and work with various forms of input from critique, user testing and market feedback.
- Knowledge of user research methodologies and when to apply them.
- Understanding of accessibility standards.
- Experience with front end prototyping and development. Particularly CSS, JS and React.
- Experience working on a distributed team.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on products that promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
Please submit an additional PDF version of your portfolio that is anonymized to omit personal identifiable information.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/1139512