Senior Intelligence Analyst: Latin America Focused United States
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
CrowdStrike Intelligence, a core component of CrowdStrike, is seeking a Senior Intelligence Analyst with Spanish and Portuguese language skills, as well as knowledge of current political and transnational issues in Latin America, to conduct intelligence analysis covering the region. The position serves as an important role dedicated to producing finished intelligence reports on both established and emerging threat actors; geopolitical developments; state-level politics and policies; and transnational issues in Latin America. It also serves an important role providing geopolitical context supporting the technical analysis of campaigns and threat data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and compose analytic reports, including threat estimates, related to Latin American geopolitical, security, and transnational issues that are relevant to the cybersecurity space.
- Research, assess, and report on specific cyber threat actor and adversary capabilities, motivations, and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
- Analyze open source, proprietary, and some technical information to identify relevant threat actor capabilities and operations across a variety of pre-determined cybersecurity topics. Demonstrate initiative in incorporating newly identified issues to the reporting flow.
- Produce periodic intelligence reporting according to established goals.
- Field both management and customer requests efficiently.
- Collaborate with different teams within the Intelligence team and/or larger CrowdStrike organization, to provide regional expertise and analysis to various types of reporting.
- Ability to read Spanish and Portuguese with high proficiency. Understanding of country- and region- level slang is a plus.
- Demonstrable familiarity with Latin America, and related geopolitical and transnational issues.
- Experience researching, assessing, and writing finished intelligence reporting on Latin American state-sponsored, criminal, and/or hacktivist actors.
- 3+ years’ experience working with a team that tracks, researches and reports on cybersecurity issues.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Analytical mindset capable of applying intelligence analysis best practices, including structured analysis, awareness of biases and other pitfalls, and critical thinking for evaluating sources.
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive research/collection skills.
- 4+ years’ experience covering cyber threat actors in an intelligence reporting environment, creating finished intelligence products that range from brief, quick-turn around warning advisories to in-depth strategic reports.
- Ability to express complex concepts, including semi-technical ones, verbally, graphically, and in writing.
- General understanding of technical terminology and tactics employed by cyber threat actors.
- Understanding of operations security and information security principles for conducting online research and work.
- Ability to vet open-source regional media sources.
- Experience contributing to Computer Network Operations (CNO) campaign tracking, including working with technical indicators.
- Undergraduate degree, or military training and experience, in cyber intelligence, general intelligence studies, security studies, or international relations.
- Graduate degree in any of those fields, or in Latin American studies, is a plus.
- Other technical security certifications or academic background are also a plus.
- Formal language training or native language knowledge resulting in high proficiency, especially for reading, is required.
Anywhere in the Western Hemisphere (Washington DC-based candidates
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/crowdstrike/job/owr0afwR