Senior Infrastructure Engineer United States
Do you want to help us build the largest code-hosting service in the world? GitHub is looking for software engineers to join our Storage Infrastructure organization to do just that. Our teams are responsible for the database, file storage, and Git storage systems that power GitHub. Join us as we build a variety of services, protocols, proxies, and control systems and maintain them in production.
The Infrastructure team is highly distributed and we thrive in an environment of remote work and asynchronous communication. As a member of our team, you'll always be challenged to solve unique and interesting problems that have real impact on how the world builds software.
- You will help us plan, design, implement and review the software that powers the storage infrastructure underlying GitHub's user-facing products.
- You will monitor, maintain, and diagnose that software as it runs in production on hundreds of geographically distributed hosts.
- You will respond to the needs of users and of other developers at GitHub.
- You have a track record of building infrastructure automation.
- You have proficiency in one or more of Ruby, Python, C, or Go.
- You possess a tenacious ability to diagnose and fix performance and reliability problems.
- You use a pragmatic approach to decision-making and design choices.
- You have strong written communication skills and enjoy developing working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- You are comfortable working asynchronously with a distributed team.
- You have experience with network protocols and distributed systems.
- You know how to run production applications in a Linux or Unix environment.
- You have used Git as a developer.
- Significant experience with MySQL infrastructure.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Redis, and/or Memcached.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1083148