Senior HRIS Analyst Distributed, AMER
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re implementing Workday and need a Senior HRIS Analyst to help us continue our implementation and deployment. Partnering closely with HR, leadership and multi-functional teams, you’ll support our strategic approach to global HCM systems and administration.
If you thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view and have a passion for bringing people insights to the business, get ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in.
This role will be distributed (based out of your home or non-affiliated co-working space, unless you happen to live by an office) and based in the continental USA or Canada.
What You Will Be Doing:
This role requires expert level Workday functionality skills, particularly with HCM and Advanced Compensation modules. Your strong communications skills and your customer-centric perspective will enable you to deliver powerful tools to continue to move and scale our programs and organization.
You will focus on two key areas:
- Configure and administer all global HR systems, with an emphasis on Workday HCM and Advanced Compensation modules.
- Partner with broader team to deliver process and system enhancements to improve the overall experience of the end user.
- Analyze system and data failures to identify and contribute to operational efficiency and control needs.
- Connect with our internal stakeholders to understand and manage the business problems they are solving and translate those into well documented, detailed deliverables.
- Deliver presentations to business owners, IT and HR that outline not only issues, but also proposed solutions.
- Provide support to end user by providing troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance and critical issue management.
- See projects from beginning to end including final roll out and knowledge transfer to our HR Operations.
- Know when to escalate to your leadership chain, IT or to vendors.
- Ensure cohesive and multi-functional impacts are considered and mitigated while working with multiple work streams, implementation partners, teams, and business organizations.
- Identify critical risks, issues, changes, problems or delays to the project teams, sponsors & steering committees and leadership as needed.
Deployment & Delivery
- Develop and document simplified and organized processes for use in varying HR applications and tools, including singular, integrated or enterprise systems.
- Monitor reoccurring issues, system/data or process gaps and actively identifies potential sources of increased efficiency and enhancements pre-deployment.
- Facilitate clear and concise status updates including direct communications with HRIS Manager, project sponsors and steering committees.
- Design and contribute to deployment and quality assurance testing, including creating and managing test plans and documenting results.
- Build trust with process owners and executives through data driven analysis.
- Develop, manage, and maintain positive relationships with vendors, consultants project teams, business SMEs and other involved parties to address support and project activities.
- Create and maintain internal HRIS standard operating procedures (SOPs) and communicate system functionality and processes through those standards.
- Participate in security activities for HR systems by partnering with vendors and Information Security as well as, maintaining and/or creating accurate security role permissions.
What You Bring Along:
- A real passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments, the ability to thrive in ambiguity and devote a diversified global view to all you do.
- A curious nature that wants to dive-in and solve complex, challenging problems.
- Possess intellectual curiosity, having the ability to see beyond what the customers wants to deliver what they need.
- A proficiency in optimizing processes and programs with a keen understanding of the balance between structure and flexibility.
- The dexterity to balance critical, long term thinking about how we scale and optimize our rapidly growing employee base in tandem with the development and execution of global people strategies.
And some of the basics:
- 5+ years of Workday experience, with expertise in HCM and Advanced Compensation (mandatory)
- Testing experience (both end-to-end and user acceptance; mandatory)
- Project management skills (mandatory)
- Awesome Excel skills. No mouse needed
- Experience working in a global organization
- Strategic, critical thinker who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds; real passion for problem solving
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and lead change
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock Awards
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1515337