Senior Full Stack Engineer (Node.js) Worldwide
This is a remote, contract-to-permanent position.
Are you the kind of person who can turn a gnarled labyrinth into a Zen garden?
Your mission objectives include:
- Implementing simple and intuitive user experiences
- Transforming complex data sets into compelling visualizations
- Crafting elegant algorithms to solve annoying problems
- Using your x-ray vision to provide answers before we ask questions
- Challenging yourself to do it right, every day, with excellence the goal
We’re a crowdfunded Silicon Beach FinTech startup dedicated to giving the payments industry an extreme makeover.
Our small group of articulate, resourceful, and motivated people work remotely, using tools like Slack, Zoom, and Quip to stay connected and share knowledge. We hire strong communicators to foster an environment of trust and respect.
Digitzs created the world's first native-serverless payment platform in 2015. Our innovative architecture and tech stack were designed by Digitzs' Founding Partner, Stacey Moore, a leader in serverless computing and early contributor to Serverless Framework.
Our core value is Simplicity + Innovation = Magic. We believe in having fun as we aspire to our ideals and navigate the fast-moving changes of Startupland. Our scrappy little crew is already competing successfully against major players with billions of dollars and hundreds of employees.
You share these qualities with our Engineering Excellence team:
- You are confident, but not arrogant
- You are meticulous, but not a perfectionist
- You are innovative, but not impulsive
- You create beautiful, bug-free code by nature
Your 3-5 years experience at building cloud applications has made you:
Frontend: HTML5, CSS (LESS, Sass, Stylus), jQuery, Bootstrap
Database: SQL and NoSQL (Aurora and Dynamo DB preferred)
Data: visualization, data structures, complex joins, financial data, reconciliation
Very good at:
AWS: CloudFormation, API Gateway, Lambda, Cognito, S3, CloudFront, KMS
Modeling: JSON, YAML, RAML, Swagger
Workflow: GitHub, TDD, DevOpsSec, CI/CD, automation, working remotely
Design: strong design instincts, solid understanding of UX/UI
With bonus points for experience with:
- Serverless Framework
- Multi-master DynamoDB replication
- Node.js security and secure coding practices
- Reconciliation and visualization of financial data
- Development for PCI-DSS compliant environments
We do NOT want to be contacted by recruiters or agencies. Period.