Senior Engineering Manager, Issues Remote - US / Canada
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help. We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to support the passionate, adaptive, and distributed group of engineers that focus on improving the ideation, organization, and focus of the world’s software development teams. The Issues team builds project tracking tools to help modern software teams collaboratively workflow software defects, user feedback, architecture proposals, and ideas into code, and track them through to production.
This role will lead a team within our Idea to Code engineering organization, which aims to provide developers with tooling like Issues, Projects, Pull Requests, Repositories, Mobile, Desktop, and more, to bring their ideas to life.
We are looking for a strong people manager who has previous hands-on engineering experience. You will partner with product managers, designers, engineers, and cross-functional teams in areas like search, design systems, infrastructure, and analytics to ensure delivery of new high quality features.
You will partner with engineering leadership to responsibly continue growing your team over time to meet the expanding needs of the business.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging
- Meet with team members 1-on-1 on a regular basis
- Ensure that individuals on the team are learning, growing, and advancing in their respective careers
- Ensure the team builds software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality
- Ensure the team ships products, experiments, features, and bug fixes regularly
- Ensure the team, the company, and the community have a clear understanding of the direction of the projects and the reasoning behind decisions
- 2+ years experience with managing engineering teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, planning, and organization
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Have worked with a distributed team
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap for your teams
- Have managed a distributed team
- Experience building project management software
- People generally tell you you’re an organized person
- Developed or managed teams that focus on tooling for team collaboration
- Can probably wax poetic about the tradeoffs between flat and threaded comment experiences
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2144975